Los Angeles Film School/

Hi all, has anyone here gone to the LA Film School? If so, any good for there DP program?

Or can anyone suggest ANY other programs out there, for me to get a good grip on cinematography?

I have my undergrad degree, I come from a directing background, I am 26 and have shoot about 6 spec commercials for my directing reel. But I REALLY want to know and get educated on cinematography?

Any workshops, schools, programs that are one year or less would be great!!

I been looking at the Maine Rockport workshops/LA Valley College and UCLA extensions. If anyone has any info on these or any other I would appreciate the feedback.

thanks much

DT

Edited by Denny T

• 11 months later...
  • Premium Member
I been looking at the Maine Rockport workshops/LA Valley College and UCLA extensions. If anyone has any info on these or any other I would appreciate the feedback.

I am going to throw in a plug for Los Angeles City College. First of all, it's almost free, second, Chuck Haine teaches the Advanced Cinematography class, he's smart and it moves fast. The Intro to Cinematography class is taught by a terrific prof, but it is very basic and the student's skill level can be very very low. Still, it makes you get out and shoot.

Bruce

• 4 months later...
  • Premium Member
Hi all, has anyone here gone to the LA Film School? If so, any good for there DP program?

Or can anyone suggest ANY other programs out there, for me to get a good grip on cinematography?

I have my undergrad degree, I come from a directing background, I am 26 and have shoot about 6 spec commercials for my directing reel. But I REALLY want to know and get educated on cinematography?

Any workshops, schools, programs that are one year or less would be great!!

thanks much

DT

I am not sure if you are interested in Cinematography Workshops ...

www.lightextreme.com offers workshops in Cinematic Expression in Los Angeles and in Italy (Florence)

• 2 weeks later...