ASA for DV cameras?

don lee

I have always figured my Beta sp camera to have an effective ASA of @250 (at zero gain). Has anyone calculated the ASA for the Sony Z-1 or the Canon HD DV cams? It feels like ASA 250 but I would appreciate the formula...thanks

I have always figured my Beta sp camera to have an effective ASA of @250 (at zero gain). Has anyone calculated the ASA for the Sony Z-1 or the Canon HD DV cams? It feels like ASA 250 but I would appreciate the formula...thanks

I've been using a Canon XH-A1 for a while now, and I go with an ballpark ASA around 320. This is from shooting a properly exposed gray card, and comparing a light meter reading to the camera internal exposure meter. I've heard this is very similar with most other DV/HDV Camera, at least the Canon ones.

Sony HDV HVR Z1U, 125 ASA, you can gain an extra stop using +6db, low grain. I don't recommended this camera.

Thanks for the replies...i know the older cameras were rated at 200o lux at f8, and then newer ones like the Sony 600 were bumped up to 2000 lux at f.11 but i never knew how to translate that into an ASA....

I've been using a Canon XH-A1 for a while now, and I go with an ballpark ASA around 320. This is from shooting a properly exposed gray card, and comparing a light meter reading to the camera internal exposure meter. I've heard this is very similar with most other DV/HDV Camera, at least the Canon ones.