non-sync sound with K-3

What's the best way to shoot non-sync sound? I know Robert Rodriguez shot El Mariachi with a loud Arri and a tascam tape recorder.. I was wondering if I wrapped up my K-3 tightly to damp the noise then shot with a miniDisc recorder exactly how long would I have before the drift would be too great.. like 3 seconds?

Just wondering..thanks.

Maybe less than that. You might go ADR. You could process/telecine it to a digital format that you can handle for editing, bring your actors in, and have them record their dialogue over the footage. Depends on how picky you want to be... In the very least, spend a couple hundred on a digital portastudio (like a tascam or bose) and shoot the scene, stop, and record the dialogue NUMEROUS times--hoping to get a good match. It can be done. GO K-3!!! :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Rodriguez got the actors to record their dialogue and some of the sound effects straight after the take. This was so that the acoustics of the audio matched the screen.

A great action film but the dubbing and lighting are terrible! Its about what you can get away with I suppose.