November at Sundance

• Premium Member

I only saw the clips playing at the digital center on a TV monitor. It looked really good, actually, considering that it's a consumer DV camera.

The film was bumped up to HD and digitally projected for the screenings.

I had just seen an unrelated test of the DVX100 digitally projected the week before and it looked better than it did in a transfer to film. The test of the SDX900, shot at the same time, blew it out of the water though.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm really curious about November aswell.

We recently completed "Art History" website/5 min teaser here shot on the DVX100 and I saw a blowup to 35mm of parts of an early cut. It really held its own in my opinion against many HD blowups that I was seeing.

But then I'm biased since I'm the director.

Mind you an audience of dp's saw it at Whistler Film Festival from that 35mm blowup and they thought it was pretty good too.

We have also bumped it up to HD ourselves for projection - and it looked pretty good.

The link above will show you the first five minutes but for a higher quality version we do currently have the DVD available aswell - I'd love to see how it compares to November since we had nothing like the budget/experience of their team...

Best of luck to everyone - and I look forward to any and all comments.

nick