HVX200 with 16GB P2 Cards

Jasper Granderath

Hey folks,

i will shoot a short in two weeks with the HVX200. I would like to record my shots on two 16GB P2 Cards, that i can get for free. As a rebate. Now i've heard several times that the first HVXs Panasonic sold, are not able to handle with the 16GB Cards. So my questions: Is this true? Had anyone here problems with these cards? Is it true that this problem is easy to solve with a firmware update for the HVX?

Thanks for helping me.

Cheers,

Jasper

you have to update the firmware in the camera. It's simple. All you need is an SD card. You download the update from https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/ and open that (vsi4598g folder ), place the (private) folder on the SD card and then load that in the camera and there are further instructions on how to start the update process. After that it's all automatic.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi How's different between 4 GB and 16GB Cards?

The software.....if you had old software driver which can read the data of 4 GB Card well....but you can not to read the data in 16GB Card.......please you do not worry...please come to upload free software driver.....then your computer can read all data in 4, 8, 16 GB...

dullataj@hotmail.com

Yoi Camera Corner Thailand

Final Cut PRO must use Final Cut PRO 5.02 or Later....it can support with HD File....But please you check with your computer that did you install some programs inside 1) P2 Driver 2)P2 Viewer....

dullataj@hotmail.com

Yoi Camera Corner Thailand

• Premium Member
Be aware that a lot of people are having an audio issue using the 16G cards in slot 1.

The workaround is to simply use slot 2. This is only with the 16G cards.

WOW. Glad I read this. I hadn't heard anything but I'm going to ask around. In the meantime,

I haven't been needing to hotswap 16GB cards, so it's slot 2.