Help needed unloading Arri bl

Oscar Godfrey

Hello all,

I have recently finished shooting my first short film on film. I've shot two magazines worth of film, 800 foot in total. I was just trying to unload the film, i was in total darkness, but i'm finding it rather hard to get out. I'm being careful because i don't want to pull it off the spool. I was wondering if anyone has some tips for unloading film out of Arri 16bl magazines?

Thank you.

The film is on a standard plastic core not a collapsible one.

What can sometimes help is pushing in the center button of the core adapter, and releasing the whole thing- the roll of film and the core adapter- and then pushing the core adapter out. Just remember to take the core adapter out at the end and not to send it to the lab!

I too, have had trouble unloading my poor deceased brother's ARRI BL2. He died tragically in a car crash after having unloaded two 100 round magazines of bullets at the Sierra Leonian border. I must now need to unload his camera, and $160,000,000 IN NIGERIAN BANK NOTES, and found that YOU <Mr. Godfrey> ARE HIS LEGAL NEXT OF KIN. Perhaps we can work together to our mutual benefit; please assist me in this humanitarian cause and I will be happy to pay you half of all proceeds after the appropriate duties and fees have been paid. May God preserve you, Mr. Godfrey... :ph34r: