P2 Software not supported by intel Mac

Kevin Desson

I guess I'll start by listing my specs:

2.4g Macbook Pro w/ Intel Duo Core Processor

16G P2 Card

PCMCIA to ExpressCard Addaptor

Here's the problem. I tried to install the P2 software onto my computer, but there is a notice saying the software is not supported by my Intel Mac. I know there is a Panasonic support page where you can download updates, but I'm having some trouble navigating my way through the site. If anyone can shed some light on my problem or direct me to the page within the Panasonic web-site where I can download the driver software I need, it would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Kevin Desson

Thanks for the links Jasper.

For anyone who might be interested I came accross this handy tutorial:

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/ro...p2_workflow.php

He copies the files from the P2 card to an external drive to make a "master"....straightforward enough. Then to ingest the files to FCP he uses the external as the volume (rather than transfering the files directly from the P2 into FCP).

I plan to use two external drives during my shoot, External A for copying footage from the P2, thus creating a Master, and then a second external (External B ) to store the Quicktime files after ingesting footage via FCP. Because I only have one firewire port on my Macbook, am I limited to first creating "Master" files on External A, unplugging it, then plugging in External B for ingest into FCP (so that I'm always connected via firewire) or is it possible/safe to have one external hooked up via firewire and the other via USB?

Also, when my External A eventually fills up (200g) am I able to write the "Master" files to disk for permant back-up/storage, or do I have to keep buying external drive after external drive to ensure I always have a back-up of my native mxf files? (seems like that would get expensive real fast).

Regards

Kevin Desson

Edited by Kevin Desson

I'll shoot a short with the HVX200 in a week and still don't know how i will capture the P2 cards onto my MacbookPro (Intel DualCore 2,33Ghz). It is equipped with the express card slot and i am not shure what to do? Should i work with the Adapter made by Duel Systems (Is there any other manufacturer?) or should i use the 60GB Store from Panasonic.

Or is there one more possibility i'm not aware of?

I will capture to two 500GB external hard drives.

Best,

Jasper

The Dual Systems PCMCIA to Expresscard Adaptor works fine, but the software it comes with only works with OS 10.4.8 so if you're using 10.4.9 or 10.4..10 (as I am) you can download the driver from the Dual Systems web-site:

http://www.duel-systemsadapters.com/support/downloads.cfm

Regards

Kevin Desson