film inventory software

• Premium Member

An AC posted on camera-forum.fr asking us if we knew this software (for managing daily stock). She is to be engaged on a shooting and a PA told her she had to know and use it... Does any of you have heard or used it ? We can't seem to find anything googling nor searching the site... Thanks in advance !

• Premium Member

I'd be happy to find out that I'm wrong, but I don't know of any such software. There is an Excel spreadsheet macro posted over on the CML (cinematography.net) in the downloads area, but I've found it a little difficult to understand. Most of the time, I just use Excel to keep the inventory. Paper registers work fine too.

Some more questions to the PA might be in order. Maybe production just has a specific format that they want to see for the film inventory.

• Premium Member

I've never heard of such software either. I just make a quick excel sheet with the pertinent stocks and loads. I certainly would never pay for that software, excel does everything you need for free (assuming everyone with a computer has excel)