Student Reel

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member

Some nice looking stuff. Love the colors in all of it, lots of saturation. Looks like you're off to a good start.

The only real critique I could offer would be a want to see more interior locations. This is primarily only to show your ability to create light in a space for an impact; if that makes sense (though the bar shot is fantastic).

Also, maybe a little bit more verisimilitude of projects; but again, that's mostly just my personal preference.

A good looking reel!

Some nice looking stuff. Love the colors in all of it, lots of saturation. Looks like you're off to a good start.

The only real critique I could offer would be a want to see more interior locations. This is primarily only to show your ability to create light in a space for an impact; if that makes sense (though the bar shot is fantastic).

Also, maybe a little bit more verisimilitude of projects; but again, that's mostly just my personal preference.

A good looking reel!

Yeah, I would agree: it looks good! But it does need more interior shots like Adrian said and more diversity in content. In other words it looks like it all came from the same project. Also and this is just personal critique, a lot of the interior shots the image look pretty flat, like there was no other lights than overhead practicals. I realize that may have been the intended effect. But I would shoot more interiors with controlled lighting, which is what most people would like to see if they are looking for a DP. Pretty much I am reinforcing what Adrian said. Good stuff though.