Hi,

I just got couple of 100ft rolls of Kodak 320T today. I'm going to shoot them with my K-3. I thought I can load this stock in subdued light, but the package tells me to load them in TOTAL DARKNESS. I understand it's really a good idea to unload in total darkness to keep all the exposed material. But what about loading, is total darkness an overkill?

Thanks,

lunnifer

I would think it fine to load them in subdued light. The first foot or two sometimes get fogged, but thats about it from my experience. All daylight spools I've seen always say LOAD IN SUBDUED LIGHT, so I wouldn't see why this should be any different. I think they're just following the better safe than sorry theory. I wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure that they did indeed send you 100' rolls, and not 400' rolls- if you pop it open and its a 400', the roll is unusable. And, if it is 400', it can't be used in the K3.

I would think it fine to load them in subdued light. The first foot or two sometimes get fogged, but thats about it from my experience. All daylight spools I've seen always say LOAD IN SUBDUED LIGHT, so I wouldn't see why this should be any different. I think they're just following the better safe than sorry theory. I wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure that they did indeed send you 100' rolls, and not 400' rolls- if you pop it open and its a 400', the roll is unusable. And, if it is 400', it can't be used in the K3.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, they are 100ft. They have an identification number VXL455.

lunnifer

Yeah, if you want to save your last shot, changing bags are your friend. :-) Also when you load, hold the daylight spool pretty flat so that the film is protected by the spool, instead if tilting it up towards any light (if that makes sense....). Ultimately though, I wouldn't worry too much. Daylight spools are pretty user-friendly in my experience.