Any good?

Richard Benjumea

I really want to get my hands on film, especially 16mm but i dont want to break the bank either..i came across this camera right here for a reasonable price, but i wanna know if any of you know something about it..is it worth buying?

Krasnogorsk K-3 16mm movie camera

k3.jpg

• Premium Member

Perfect for getting into film. Plan on buying a MOVIE FILM LIGHT METER. Not just a normal light meter... one that takes frame rates into consideration. The camera has one but it's notoriously inaccurate (if it even works.)

This camera will make you learn how to load and handle film properly & how to set exposure. Remember, the camera is inexpensive, but everything else about film is not.

One load of film might wind up costing you about half of what the camera does.

100' Roll 16mm Film: $38.00

Processing: $18.00

Transfer: ? Rarely do I transfer just one roll... usually costs about $300/hour depending on where you have it done

There are cheaper ways to do it, but not much.

• Premium Member
Myself and numerous other members on the boards own one. I suggest you look through old posts to get info on them. Their great cameras for what they are, not really for shooting anything other than hobbyist/practice stuf though.

use the serach function, you will sometimes find this unit refered to as a "K-3"

One item that many have noted is that these units have typical soviet era quality control, so you will porbably want to try to arrange to have it serviced before you run any film though it.