Too good to be true?

Michael Dean Gibbs

I'm looking to purchase an HVX200 in the near future, so I've been researching prices online and came across this website. The company is out of Brooklyn.

Has anyone heard of this company or purchased anything from this company before?

The price is tempting...but seems to good to be true.

Any help would be appreciated.

Michael

http://www.bestpricecameras.com/prodetails...x?prodid=308260

On the one hand, the site looks well put together, and professional. But that price is extremely suspect, in my opinion. I wouldn't be selling a USED HVX-200 for that price. Now, am I saying that that company is a scam? No. I haven't any proof of that, but that price is sounding alarm bells for me. My memory is vague, since it happened years ago, but I recall a friend telling me about his experience with a company of this sort. Bought a camera at a good price, but then found it was a lure into buying accessories and other things. A lot of bait and switch type dealings. Shipping was a mess, and customer relations were non-existant. In the end, my friend had to threaten this company with legal action before he finally got the item he had originally wanted. But I can't say for sure in this case. Check and see if they sell on eBay. Surely, they are, since they would have to be selling this items in bulk to recoup their costs. If they are on eBay, you can check their feedback, and should find your answer. If they're NOT on eBay, well then you got to wonder, "WHY aren't they on eBay" How exactly are these guys expecting to make any profit from selling items so cheap? So my advice would be to do a little research, but act very cautiously. Hopefully, someone else on this board might have direct info on this particular company. Until then, save your money until you know for sure. Best of luck!

Best,

Brian Rose

There you go right there... all of these Brooklyn shops are almost all the same... 20 different names for the same company...

Let's be real here... would you buy a car that retails for $15k for $5k... yeah its called a five fingers discount...

So then why would you think you can buy a camera that costs about $5,200 to $5,400 at legit sellers for only $1,700?

Basically what Brian is saying is correct its a switch and bate company...

Gee look at the pro tripod for $79 bucks...

I thought this was posted once before... but here goes again... after ordering the camera... there will be a delay... or they'll call you and say "we just noticed you forgot to order the lens."

Like I said in the other post... pretty crazy to order a lens for a camera that has a lens mounted into the body... which I guess you could take off... but would kinda defeat the whole purpose of owning a camera...

I am not sad at all. Most people who get ripped off are victims of their own greed. Take the analogy above a step further. What if you found someone who would trade you $100 bills for $20 bills? You would immediately KNOW something is wrong correct? If you went ahead and did it, it is your own greed taking over. I feel sorry for the people who get screwed over for legit looking deals but with the internet at your fingertips, that should be very rare. I mean, just type the store name into Google! Within the first couple links you will see that the store selling you the bogus HVX has a lifetime consumer rating of 0.26 OUT OF 10.00!! The thing that is mindblowing is that people still see this and "roll the dice" looking for a deal. A fool and his money are soon parted.

ash =o)