San Francisco DP's

Jamie Metzger

worked on one of the easiest shoots of my ac career; wait, maybe it's a tie. Either way. Simple and boring. I hope work doesn't stay like this!

Was it the one off Craigslist? I recall seeing an ad for one that did seem incredibly unchallenging.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said it paid well? It paid about half of what I would normally make. It was easy, and I was amongst friends....no real complaints, just speaking out loud to make sure I remember to not get caught in a rut.

How are things going with you sats?

BTW is anyone doing the 48hr fest? I am.

• Premium Member
Who said it paid well? It paid about half of what I would normally make.

Ah, well that's not so good then. But it's still better than being paid 1/2 rate for doing twice the amount of work (like my last job).

How are things going with you sats?

Pretty good - I'm co-producing two shorts for the Red Vic PSA contest (details: http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/in...howtopic=32135). One that I wrote, and another that Charlie Kuttner wrote. We'll be shooting on the Red next Monday so I've got less than a week to pull together a lot of elements. It's going okay so far though. Then another AC job this Friday - continuation of that sleep apnea industrial, no crazy handheld or diopters this time, though.

Ah, well that's not so good then. But it's still better than being paid 1/2 rate for doing twice the amount of work (like my last job).

Pretty good - I'm co-producing two shorts for the Red Vic PSA contest (details: http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/in...howtopic=32135). One that I wrote, and another that Charlie Kuttner wrote. We'll be shooting on the Red next Monday so I've got less than a week to pull together a lot of elements. It's going okay so far though. Then another AC job this Friday - continuation of that sleep apnea industrial, no crazy handheld or diopters this time, though.

Let me know if you need some help on that red shoot.

I'm watching "jesus Camp" and I am terrified.

Those wailing kids really creeped me out. People who teach little kids to beg for the blood of the lamb...are unstable.

Sounds like I'm on board for the 48 Hour fest as well. I had a couple calls from people who flaked early in the game. But now it looks like I'm in with some people who really seem to have their stuff together. Should be fun!

hey, im using twitter now. I know I am gay. But you guys should use it as well. I always want to know what's going on at satski's ice cream shoppe!

www.twitter.com/createbmx

Oh, I was reading that thread that john Holland wrote about the decline of the industry....How are you guys doing? Noticing projects get canceled, or work just being slow?

bear in mind that SF is usually slow around late july to the end of august.

Such good ice cream it is, too. :)

Yeah, things have come to a screeching halt lately. I've been getting responses to some "cold call" emails I've sent out to DPs and Prod Companies, but nobody's doing anything it seems. Mandy.com is always a joke, but it's even more barren than usual at the moment.

If anyone has any leads, do feel free to pass'em on ;)

I don't feel comfortable joining anything called "twitter", but I'll look into it.

That will be a challenging project Jonathan! Look forward to seeing the finished work.

Too bad I didn't find anyone in the east bay diablo area to work with, only SF, but that's too much driving stress for my vintage vw bus!

-pete

It all went pretty well. We got a late start because there was so much deliberation among the writers early in the morning, so we didn't start until 10:30am!

After that things were going smooth, except for the last 2 shots of the day when I lost the daylight...oh well! So two shots (especially the final shot of the film) won't match...which left a bad taste in my mouth. But hey, it was all about having fun this time 'round...wait, it's always about having fun :)

Sup guys.

Just thought I'd introduce myself here. My name is Jason Joseffer and I am a SF based DP/Operator/AC. Always interested in making new contacts. If you guys ever need an AC or Gaffer for something, give me a hollar. Here's my site-

www.jasonjoseffer.com

All the best to y'all. -jason

Hey Jason, welcome!

I'll definitely keep you in mind. It's nice to see a UCSC film student out there and working. I DP'd a kid's thesis there once, and the film program's situation was kinda sad. So kudos!

Definitely let me know as well if you're in need of an AC anytime.

• 4 months later...
I always want to know what's going on at satski's ice cream shoppe!

Oh man, doesn't everyone?

It was only a matter of time before I joined this place. Good to see some people I know. Jonathan, were you on that Etude in Black shoot a while back? If my memory's any good, I think I AC'ed for you on that.

Anyways, I guess I got a music video coming up this weekend. Only time will tell...

Edited by Ryan Thomas

• 1 month later...

Oh, I think I know who I was thinking of now. I don't think we've met yet, though I've heard your name thrown around a bunch.

Nice to see you here though Jason. I feel like I've found the secret hiding spot of my friends on the internet, sorta funny..

• 3 months later...

Hi !! I would like to introduce myself..

my name is Isiah Flores. I've been here in SF for about 5 years now.. I'm also up for and in search of like minded local filmmakers to collab with . I'm currently working on a feature to be shot here in SF and Oakland during the month of June. Anyhow, more and more projects arise and I would like to meet you all sometime..

Heres a link to a film that I worked on of the 72 hour 4K film challenge. We won 3rd, and got screened in LA.

www.paraluxproductions.com

lets get together and watch some movies.

cheers

Hi !! I would like to introduce myself..

my name is Isiah Flores. I've been here in SF for about 5 years now.. I'm also up for and in search of like minded local filmmakers to collab with . I'm currently working on a feature to be shot here in SF and Oakland during the month of June. Anyhow, more and more projects arise and I would like to meet you all sometime..

Heres a link to a film that I worked on of the 72 hour 4K film challenge. We won 3rd, and got screened in LA.

www.paraluxproductions.com

lets get together and watch some movies.

cheers

Ur name sounds familiar. I think you've booked frazers camera sometimes when I try to get it ;).

I worked with Kellogg over the summer on Prankster. Very nice guy.