Eric, let me be the first on the board to congratulate you, Jason Reitman, the crew and cast of Juno for winning the "best film" award at Rome Cinema Festival.

Congratulazioni!!!!! :D

Thanks Fracesco!

You are never really sure how comedy is going to translate into other languages and cultures. The win at Rome reiterates how film can be a great medium for sharing stories around the world...and it doesn't have to be dramatic, but humorous as well.

I'm just amazed it beat out Coppola....even though I haven't seen his film yet.

Up next, London tomorrow and AFI next week.

• Premium Member

Just got home after seeing it... what a fantastic movie!

My wife cried... but then again she's a sentimental dork... and the humor was spot on (my wife looked at my incredulously several times as if to say "did she just say that" before bursting out laughing).

The projection was atrocious.. The throw seemed off, the focus softish (the first minute or so of the movie was WAY out of focus until the whole theater erupted into chants of "FOCUS!") and the image bleeding off of the screen. The print was also thoroughly scratched.. rarely did a scene escape a running line.

Beyond that though, Eric, your work was very beautiful Very balanced and consistent. I love the lightly-handled operation, very well pulled off in the scene with Juno pulled off the road in her van (among other places), subtle nudges. I love good operating, and I also love watching a nice focus pull.

The crowd responded exceptionally well and I didn't overhear anything but the most positive of statements and reviews.

The movie will very much become a classic with my family and I can't wait until the DVD comes out.

Congratulations Eric!

Just got home after seeing it... what a fantastic movie!

My wife cried... but then again she's a sentimental dork... and the humor was spot on (my wife looked at my incredulously several times as if to say "did she just say that" before bursting out laughing).

The projection was atrocious.. The throw seemed off, the focus softish (the first minute or so of the movie was WAY out of focus until the whole theater erupted into chants of "FOCUS!") and the image bleeding off of the screen. The print was also thoroughly scratched.. rarely did a scene escape a running line.

Beyond that though, Eric, your work was very beautiful Very balanced and consistent. I love the lightly-handled operation, very well pulled off in the scene with Juno pulled off the road in her van (among other places), subtle nudges. I love good operating, and I also love watching a nice focus pull.

The crowd responded exceptionally well and I didn't overhear anything but the most positive of statements and reviews.

The movie will very much become a classic with my family and I can't wait until the DVD comes out.

Congratulations Eric!

Sorry to hear about the projection. That is why I am such a proponent of digital projection.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the film. We went back up to to Vancouver in June just to do the shots of her in the van!

Thanks again.