Zeiss 9.5mm T1.3 Super Speed Mk1 lens

Tim Carroll

• Premium Member

I'm selling the last of my Zeiss lenses that I had for my Arriflex 16SR. And I saved the best for last.

Zeiss 9.5mm Super Speed MkI lens.

This lens covers the whole Super 16 frame (there are rumors that some of the 9.5 lenses vignetted in Super 16, having used this one, I know that it doesn't vignette). Comes with an 80mm front adapter. The lens was just collimated.

Zeiss9.jpg

Zeiss9a.jpg

Zeiss9b.jpg

$850

Thanks,

-Tim

I'm selling the last of my Zeiss lenses that I had for my Arriflex 16SR. And I saved the best for last.

Zeiss 9.5mm Super Speed MkI lens.

This lens covers the whole Super 16 frame (there are rumors that some of the 9.5 lenses vignetted in Super 16, having used this one, I know that it doesn't vignette). Comes with an 80mm front adapter. The lens was just collimated.

$850

Thanks,

-Tim

Tim, how can I contact you about this lens outside of this forum.

Jon

• Premium Member
Tim,

Curious why you are selling off all your lenses?

-Alain

Alain,

Don't have a 16mm or Super 16 camera that takes ARRI bayonet mount lenses anymore. Got my baby, the fifty year old Arriflex 16S in ARRI standard mount, and a 16M in ARRI standard mount (the cameras featured on the web site).

Sold my SR a couple years ago and the Aaton this past summer, so I don't have a need for the ARRI Mk1 lens. It's the last of the Super Speeds I had, and the Zoom sold earlier this week. I always loved this lens, which is why I kept it till the last. But alas, it too must go.

-Tim

• Premium Member
I have been looking to get a very wide lens for a Bolex EBM (converted to super 16mm).. would this be suitable?

Steven

Steven,

The lens is still for sale as the individual who was going to buy it was not able to come up with the money. So it is still available.

The lens covered Super 16 with no problems on the Arriflex 16SR and the Aaton LTR that I used it on, so it should cover Super 16 on a Bolex with no problems. My only concern would be that I don't know of an adapter that would allow you to use a Zeiss lens with ARRI bayonet mount on a Bolex EBM. Maybe there is one, I just have never seen it.

Anyway, the lens is still available and still priced at $850.

Thanks,

-Tim

Hi there,

I believe there is such an adapter on EBay right now (something about a custom made one by Les Bosher for Bolex).

Cheers

Babar

The lens covered Super 16 with no problems on the Arriflex 16SR and the Aaton LTR that I used it on, so it should cover Super 16 on a Bolex with no problems. My only concern would be that I don't know of an adapter that would allow you to use a Zeiss lens with ARRI bayonet mount on a Bolex EBM. Maybe there is one, I just have never seen it.

• Premium Member
Hi there,

I believe there is such an adapter on EBay right now (something about a custom made one by Les Bosher for Bolex).

Cheers

Babar

Babar,

I had never seen one of those before. That's pretty wild.

eBay Auction for ARRI bayonet to C-Mount Adapter

4550_1.JPG

-Tim

• 2 weeks later...