FILM LOOK IN PANASONIC DVX100B

FELIX PEREZ

Hi friends! I write from venezuela. I´m a new user of the dvx100b, one monht. Im very insteresting for know and find a lot information about the settings of film look o file scene. I´m a tv producer, and i wanna do some tv programs whit the look of cinema and a lot of shortfilm whit the texture, PLEASE HELPME AND TELLME A LOT INFORMATION AND SETTINGS TO GET THE MOST CINEMA LOOK PRO TO THE IMAGE.

THANKS A LOT!

pd: sorry for my english. Have a good day!!! :huh: ;)

• 4 months later...

In my experience with the DVX, the best way to get away from the digital look and more toward a filmic look is to use different diffusion filters. I personally like 1/8 Black Pro Mist and 1/4 Black Pro Mist, but really any Soft Effects or Pro Mist Filters will do. Also, I recommend throwing as much of your background out of focus. The best way to do this is to pull your camera as far away from the subject as possible and zoom in. Another note, white balance with a grey card, I also feel this helps the image.

And, even after you do all this, don't be afraid to alter the look even more in post. Color Correction offers you many different looks, like desaturating your image.

I hope this helps!

When I've shot with the DVX100B, these are the settings I've used for a "film-look" over and over again. If you want, you can change the chroma level to give you either a more saturated or less saturated image. Also, setting the color temp to -2 or -3 and then manually white balancing can yield a nice warmth that I've used a good bit for day exterior work.

Scene File F5:

Detail Level: -2

V Detail Level: +2

Detail Coring:0

Chroma Level: 0

Chroma Phase: 0

Color Temp: 0

Master Ped: -6

Auto Iris Level: 0

Gamma: Cinelike

Knee: Auto

Matrix: Cinelike