cooke zooms...the 18-90 or the 20-100?

I am in the process of purchasing a zoom lens for use with my camera and was wondering between these two and if anyone could weigh in on them.

A Cooke T2.5 18-90 Zoom (Technovision) in immaculate shape for 7,250.00

or a Cooke T3 18-100 (in excellent shape) for 5,000.00

I already have one person's opinion who I respect....anyone else care to chime in on these and which one would be the better purchase?

• Premium Member
I am in the process of purchasing a zoom lens for use with my camera and was wondering between these two and if anyone could weigh in on them.

A Cooke T2.5 18-90 Zoom (Technovision) in immaculate shape for 7,250.00

or a Cooke T3 18-100 (in excellent shape) for 5,000.00

I already have one person's opinion who I respect....anyone else care to chime in on these and which one would be the better purchase?

Hi,

The Technovision one is quite rare, not as rare as the 14-70 version if the Cooke 5:1.

It depends on which end of the zoom you think is more important.

Are they about the same size or is the Technovision one any bigger?

Stephen

Hi,

The Technovision one is quite rare, not as rare as the 14-70 version if the Cooke 5:1.

It depends on which end of the zoom you think is more important.

Are they about the same size or is the Technovision one any bigger?

Stephen

I was looking for a good all-purpose zoom for production...I may not be purchasing the zoom from Red (18-50 or 50-150) and was looking for something to replace those in my package.....

I already own a set of K35s...

In terms of size they are comparable.

Is there another zoom solution you would recommend?

• Premium Member

The 18-90mm is nearly half a stop faster, in my eyes that's a bigger advantage than an extra 10mm at the long end. But I think it's best if you put these zooms on a projector and check how well they perform wide open.

• Premium Member
I was looking for a good all-purpose zoom for production...I may not be purchasing the zoom from Red (18-50 or 50-150) and was looking for something to replace those in my package.....

I already own a set of K35s...

In terms of size they are comparable.

Is there another zoom solution you would recommend?

Yes. If you want to intercut with the K35s, the best and most consistent looking solution would be to go with a K35 zoom. However, they're quite rare. If you e-mail a substantially good offer, I may offer to sell you mine.