Jordan Cronenweth

Matt Irwin

Anyone know of any books, resources, videos related to Jordan Cronenweth?

The only things I know of is his chapter in "Reflections" and the AC artcle on Blade Runner, which doesn't get very technical.

He is one of my greatest heros and sadly, it seems, one of the most under-appreciated cinematographers ever.

Looking for anything... set stills, articles, books, whatever.

Extra points for a picture of the "replicant red eye" setup! ;)

Guest Stephen Murphy

Matt,

Im also a huge fan of his work and am equaly dismayed at the lack of available articles about him. On the upside there's a few Cronenweth AC's in the AC sale at the moment - only $1 each:)

You could also check out the book Film Lighting which features a few nice tidbits about his work. On the video side theres a brief but interesting mention of him on the Alien 3 special edition dvd. If you come across any other articles be sure to let me know!:)

There was a good interview with him in the March 1974 issue of American Cinematographer about a small movie called "The Nickel Ride".

dear dave ! here's a little tribute straight from my heart ! i'm right now looking up a back issue of the AC with misty eyes , and there's a B&w picture of two great doyens that i loved deeply - jordan cronenweth and conrad l. hall -as they share a beautiful moment in their hey-day. but i thank god for jeff cronenweth and john toll , for carrying on the grand tradition of 'the professionals' ! lot's of friendship, rajkumar

dear dave ! here's a little tribute straight from my heart ! i'm right now looking up a back issue of the AC with misty eyes , and there's a B&w picture of two great doyens that i loved deeply - jordan cronenweth and conrad l. hall -as they share a beautiful moment in their hey-day. but i thank god for jeff cronenweth and john toll , for carrying on the grand tradition of 'the professionals' ! lot's of friendship, rajkumar

and not to forget dear connie w. hall too as among the torch bearers of that grand tradition ! lot's of friendship, rajkumar.

Edited by kpv rajkumar

and to not forget dear connie w. hall too as among the torch bearers of that grand tradition ! lot's of friendship, rajkumar.

thank you , matt for starting this wonderful thread ! lot's of friendship, rajkumar.