Help me find a good wide lens for my Bolex!

Steven Grant James

Hi Folks

I have recently purchased a Bolex EBM converted to Super 16mm. It is my first 16mm camera and i'm thinking about getting myself a decent wide lens (wider than 25mm that is). Have any of you guys got any suggestions of lenses I can look out for? To be honest I am not sure where to start :huh:

Thanks

Steven

Yes, it fully covers Super-16 and is sharp. It's also my favorite lens for 'run and gun' style shooting.

For fun, I sometimes use this bad boy with a regular 16 Bolex M camera, (which has no viewfinder). Since the entire depth of field is in focus, I just point it in the general direction I want, and shoot. I am always surprised by how good this 'blind man' footage turns out.

well, get in contact if you want to sell ;)

I just put my 10mm with a century 6mm adapter into my underwater housing which has even more 'wideness' in the front portal and got some major angle of view - like about 120~130deg - it didn't cover super16 though, the front of the various lens housing I think was/were in view which I could if I wanted to remove, but then that would destroy the resale value (even though the specs were improved, I'll make a decision one day...) - regular16 was good though if I ever need it ^_^