military humvee rental

All you can do is ask. They might make one available with their personnel, but I can't see them renting one without their people. From experience with the British military, they may or may agree, they may or may not charge, depending on any number of factors, the first being how they react towards you and your film.

The worst they can do is say no.

• Premium Member
All you can do is ask. They might make one available with their personnel.............The worst they can do is say no.

Agreed, back in my sports car racing days I was at races where the local National Guard had a medivac copter and crew in the pits in case of a bad wreck requiring transport to a hospital. For them it was a good "hot" drill if they did have to make a run - and a day at the races if they didn't.

If you've got a large military installation near you the first person to talk to is the PIO (Public Information Officer). At a smaller outfit ask for the Commander, you'll end up talking to his/her aide or First Sergeant. (The his/her is absolutely essential, we've had a female Commanding General here in OKC at Tinker Air Force Base - one of the Air Force's largest logistics and maintenance installations. The Millenium has definitely arrived in the military!).

Agreed, back in my sports car racing days I was at races where the local National Guard had a medivac copter and crew in the pits in case of a bad wreck requiring transport to a hospital. For them it was a good "hot" drill if they did have to make a run - and a day at the races if they didn't.

If you've got a large military installation near you the first person to talk to is the PIO (Public Information Officer). At a smaller outfit ask for the Commander, you'll end up talking to his/her aide or First Sergeant. (The his/her is absolutely essential, we've had a female Commanding General here in OKC at Tinker Air Force Base - one of the Air Force's largest logistics and maintenance installations. The Millenium has definitely arrived in the military!).

I worked in Navy Public Affairs in a previous life. Yes, get in touch with the public affairs officer. Emphasize your professionalism and they will give you the same back, I am sure.

Edited by Douglas Sunlin

Contact the Public Affairs office at the nearest Army Base, and tell them what you want.

They won't just give you a military vehicle, the military requires anyone that drives one to go threw training and for insurance purposes has to be in the service.

But what you can hopefully do is get the Public Affairs office to find a unit that will supply you with a unit that has the time to spare to let you film some shots of a humvee with one of their guys driving it of course. I don't know how much footage you need and what all you need this humvee to be doing.

I need a "military" humvee for a film, not a H3 or civilian model. I live in Seattle, can I rent them from a nearby army or air force base?

Check with Ft Lewis, the old commander used to allow it but he's over seas now. I don't know if the new commander still allows it or not.

Heres the website http://www.lewis.army.mil/index.asp