AC index??

Dose anyone know where I can find an Index for the American Cinematographer magazine articals. Like a PDF or Excel spreadsheet, I know the website has a listing as well as the December issue of each year but I was looking for something more searchable, Where I can type in the movie name and the issue pops up.

• Premium Member

They are working on one that someday will be on the ASC website.

I had to write my own index for the 1970's issues and that was a lot of work, so I didn't bother to tackle the later ones (which luckily have the major titles written on the spine, so I can do a rough search of the post-1983 issues that way, though you don't know what the short articles were.)

But if someone wants to know whether there was an article on a specific movie or DP in the 1970's, ask me and I'll look it up.

They are working on one that someday will be on the ASC website.

I had to write my own index for the 1970's issues and that was a lot of work, so I didn't bother to tackle the later ones (which luckily have the major titles written on the spine, so I can do a rough search of the post-1983 issues that way, though you don't know what the short articles were.)

But if someone wants to know whether there was an article on a specific movie or DP in the 1970's, ask me and I'll look it up.

Thanks David, I pretty much have '96 to present and just bought '88-95 and a few dozen from the early 80's, Just out of curiousity what did you use for your index? Acrobat Pro, Excel, Word ect.?

• Premium Member
Thanks David, I pretty much have '96 to present and just bought '88-95 and a few dozen from the early 80's, Just out of curiousity what did you use for your index? Acrobat Pro, Excel, Word ect.?

It was Filemaker I think, but it's been awhile, I haven't opened up the file in a long time, I just flip though my print-out. It's alphabetical by title of movie or subject, and the DP is the next column.