6080 macro settings....

Ralph Tabith

i just wanted to ask anybody else if they find the 6080 focusing tricky through the viewfinder on the macro settings...? i was reading in the instructions that to set it to the red lettered "macro," you adjust the focus by using the auto focus button on top, and you set the ring to the white lettered "macro," to manually adjust focus in the macro setting.

I remember reading somewhere that if you set the ring to the red dot, and then the focusing ring to the red 15 or 4 ft/m it has a set distance for macro? is this correct?

has anybody got any advice for the macro settings with the 6080? filming tomorrow, and thanks!

I don't have experience with the 6080, but on my Nizo Pro (which is quite similar) it seems that once you put the lens in macro you adjust the focus by small movements of the zoom control handle. Rather than using the electronic zoom controls I would put it on manual zoom control and just adjust the zoom (now functioning as the focus) on the lens barrel. I have not actually shot macro with my Nizo, but just playing around with it and visually this seems to work out fine. Maybe someone else with a little more experience can chime in.

i just wanted to ask anybody else if they find the 6080 focusing tricky through the viewfinder on the macro settings...? i was reading in the instructions that to set it to the red lettered "macro," you adjust the focus by using the auto focus button on top, and you set the ring to the white lettered "macro," to manually adjust focus in the macro setting.

I remember reading somewhere that if you set the ring to the red dot, and then the focusing ring to the red 15 or 4 ft/m it has a set distance for macro? is this correct?

has anybody got any advice for the macro settings with the 6080? filming tomorrow, and thanks!