Adapting Kinor 35H baseplate to a 35C camera.

James Steven Beverly

Does anyone make an adapter for using a Kinor 35H sliding baseplate with 15mm rods on a Kinor 35C so that I can use the double sided follow focus, the rod mounted matte box support and the long lens support or is this something I'll have to have machined? I would suspect that because the 35H baseplate is so much more common than the original 35C baseplate (if one ever existed as I've never seen a picture of one) that SOMEONE had to have tried this before. Anyone? I have the bottom plate that bolted to the 35H but I doubt if it can be adapted to the C. Any suggestions or information? B)

Edited by James Steven Beverly

• 9 months later...
Does anyone make an adapter for using a Kinor 35H sliding baseplate with 15mm rods on a Kinor 35C so that I can use the double sided follow focus, the rod mounted matte box support and the long lens support or is this something I'll have to have machined? I would suspect that because the 35H baseplate is so much more common than the original 35C baseplate (if one ever existed as I've never seen a picture of one) that SOMEONE had to have tried this before. Anyone? I have the bottom plate that bolted to the 35H but I doubt if it can be adapted to the C. Any suggestions or information? B)

Hi James,

I greatly suspect you will have to have something like that machined. I have a kinor 35H myself, and from my experience using several arris and even eclair, camera "attachments" with the exception of a few things like the tripod screw, weren't meant to "go together". I had a tripod plate for the kinor machined. Took about a day or so, but since you're not dealing with electrical components or complex mechanical parts, it shouldn't be too difficult.

Sorry if that didn't help as much as you had hoped.

www.horseheadcinema.com

I think you're right my friend and I've already resigned myself to that inevitability unless I can find an original baseplate prior to machining an adapter. There was a dovetail support on ebay a few months back I SHOULDA bid on but I was low on cash and didn't think I would need it, Stupid move cause it went cheap and woulda solved a plethora of aggravations. I also need a long dovetail support and anamorphic matte box for my Konvas KSR-1 which I intend to use extensively for Blood Moon. So if anyone's selling any of these things for the Kinor or konvas let me know otherwise I may have to that those fabricated as well.

Edited by James Steven Beverly