Some New Work

Adam McDaid

Here's a very rough cut of a new project I shot recently and I was hoping to get some feedback.

It was a 35 project I shot in early November that's kind of a mix between a music video and short film. The completed version will have a complete arc. The story and beat changes will be communicated via sound design and a musical score where the different characters will have unique musical themes. This rough cut is the first scene that introduces the characters and the device that will lead our hero through the rest of the story. I'll post the completed version it's cut.

Here's the link:

http://adammcdaid.com/Recent%20Work.html

Thanks,

Adam

yeah...I was wondering if this was a 'later to be short' or something cuz the music doesn't really fit the whole garage scene at all.

however, things are very pretty! especially the green lighting shots...very cool!

and I admit....I'd like to know what happens.....so ultimately, you've done your job well. :)

The overall feel of the video was good. I especially like the way you opened. I think that as you introduced the pixie, the energy fell with the slower cuts. There didn't seem to be enough information being conveyed to merit some of the longer shots.

You have some very good things going for this video, but I believe you can make it better by having a little more happen in the second half of it.

The overall feel of the video was good. I especially like the way you opened. I think that as you introduced the pixie, the energy fell with the slower cuts. There didn't seem to be enough information being conveyed to merit some of the longer shots.

You have some very good things going for this video, but I believe you can make it better by having a little more happen in the second half of it.

Thanks for the notes. I agree that it kind of lost a little steam in the second half. I'll work on a new cut to try to match the pace of the opening. Also, I think that change in pace will make more sense once the rest of the piece is cut together because there's a specific pattern to the pace that accompanies the beats of the story.

Again, thanks for the notes; I appreciate it.

-Adam