HPX500 Exposure Index?

David Auner aac

• Premium Member

Hi guys,

I'll be lighting a shoot with a HPX500 and a HVX200 as B camera tomorrow. What speed can I expect from the 500? I was told by the owner of the 200 that it's about two stops slower than the 500. Is that your experience as well? Thanks!

Cheers, Dave

• Premium Member
That's a little much. There are a number of settings that can effect the difference, but we generally call it about one stop difference.

Hi Mitch,

thanks. So what can I expect from the two? Around 320 and 640 respectively? I just need a ballpark guide to set my light levels, fine tuning will be done on the monitor anyways.

Cheers, Dave

Thats interesting - I tend to rate my 500 at 320 - and about 2 stops better then the 200 - 2 stops is really an apparant not actual amount. THe darks get noisy quicker on the 200 so even if you have detail its not as good so 2 stops has been safe for me

• Premium Member

Hi folks,

first day went well, aside from me having a cold since Monday. we were going for a low key moody disco look (we actually shot in a disco). From what I gather, the exposure difference between the two was closer to two stops than one but that might have been due to gamma and scene file settings. I hope I can share some set pics/still tonight...

Cheers, Dave

• 2 months later...