Crickets Chirping

• 6 months later...
Awful quiet in here.

R,

Yeah, you're right man.

Well, I'm trying to get a job in Ontario, as anything. I'm currently living in Mexico and want to legally get to Canada, so if you know someone that needs a PA or anything film related that can match my profile I'd love to send my resume.

Cheers =D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Looks like we are the only active folk around here Richard,how is life?

Stepan

Well, you got one more here. I just moved into the area a few months ago, relocating from Jacksonville, Florida.

Anyone planning to attend the 8 Fest Film Festival ?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Still looking for a reason to visit.

I have, in theory, been to Toronto, but we only stopped off to unload a dead body before continuing on to Heathrow.

P

Hey, oddly enough that was the number 2 reason foreign tourists cited for visiting Toronto, cool!

I assume the plane just opened the back, rolled the dead out onto the tarmac, and then continued on its way?

Here's a reason for you to visit Phil, I have job offer for you, child co-ordinator on my next picture. I hear you're great with kids and they love you back. ;)

R,

Yeah, you're right man.

Well, I'm trying to get a job in Ontario, as anything. I'm currently living in Mexico and want to legally get to Canada, so if you know someone that needs a PA or anything film related that can match my profile I'd love to send my resume.

Cheers =D

What part of Mexico, you in, man? I'm in El Paso and we gonna be putting together a small horror pic, I want to start shooting on 35 this year. I'll need some folks who are willing to work relatively cheap under the tutelage of film professionals under professional conditions. (experienced people, 10 ton grip truck + genny, 3 35mm camera packages, full sound package, McAllister and Vinton camera dolly and crane, camera truck, camera car + process trailer, 2 motorhomes, hair & make up trailer, plus several other assets. All this already in place and ready to go at a moment's notice. The ONLY problem is I'm gonna have to provide the actual production funds my self or, God willing, with the help of my producer who is also working to build up some cash to toss in. We'll probably end up at a budget of around a paltry 50K but considering all the crap I've gathered over 8 years of work and have access to, it ain't gonna look anything like a 50K film. I'm figuring a 2 to 3 week production schedule. Even with flat rate contracts all around, that's about all we could afford, besides with around a 6 or 7 to 1 shooting ratio, we'll run out of film by then anyway. :D ) If you can get into the US legally (you'll probably need a green card) and are interested let me know. B)

it ain't gonna look anything like a 50K film.

So more like a 10K film then?

If you can get into the US legally (you'll probably need a green card) and are interested let me know. B)

Oh well is that all? He'd have a better chance floating to Canada on an inner tube and claiming he's a Tamil.

R,

If 10K would buy the film and processing, I might give it a shot, BUT at a 6 to 1 shooting ratio, it'll take a minimum of 15K JUST to buy enough shortends, recans and resale stock, have it processed and transferred to digital for editing. THEN I've already made a flat rate deal for lighting and grip work and a tentative flat rate deal for sound and camera, figured what I'd need for SAG ultra low budget agreement with the cast, ball parked costume, props, FX, hair and makeup, continuity, and then of course, there's fuel for the trucks, the bus, motorhomes, camera car, Gennies as well as expendables, catering, printing and office. I'm pretty sure I can get locations and most of the props for free (I actually have most of the props already and am tailoring the script to what's available, low budget film making 101). SSSSOOOOO if I didn't pay ANYONE, I could maybe make it for 20, 25K, but I don't wanna do that to people. I COULD make a film, shot on film for 10K if I shot it like it was a live action television play. Rehearsed the Hell out of it, shot it in one location and did nothing in the way of effects, special lighting or paying anyone. :D

This is El Paso, dude. Half the people here are from across the border. Of course claiming to be Tamil couldn't hurt. B)

OH, I just realized I misread your post. YES it will look like a 10K film. I'm going for that "don't know my ass from a hole in the ground about film making" look. I'm pretty sure I can nail it. I just have to get back to hitting myself in the head with a hammer and things will work out splemdebly....ouch.....shilmbidly....ouch......salmonly.....ouch....I have to slop lyping now, I'm getting a lillel woosy and I have to fall down. :blink:

YES it will look like a 10K film.

Yeah that was a joke, 50K to 10K, ha ha ha.

Phil, that is outstanding! Some of your best work on the forum to date, bravo!

I'm keeping that pic for future use.

R,

[/size][/color]

article-1120002-0042E63200000258-281_470x368.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well ya gotta be firm with kids otherwise the little bastards will run right over you. BTW If Phil backs out on the child co-ordinator job, for 50 grand, I'll do it. I don't have a wagon but will a car trunk do? I mean a really big car, like a Buick. I mean, I'd punch air holes in it.

white-heat_l.jpg

:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

I've been in the area now for a year, still not legal to work. I've managed to attend one super 8 film festival, but due to the current immigration status, I've been somewhat limited on what I can do. I have lined up an infomercial shoot as soon as I'm legal, which I'm hoping will be before the year is out.

I live in Oshawa, about 45 minutes from T-O by the Go train.

I've been in the area now for a year, still not legal to work. I've managed to attend one super 8 film festival, but due to the current immigration status, I've been somewhat limited on what I can do. I have lined up an infomercial shoot as soon as I'm legal, which I'm hoping will be before the year is out.

I live in Oshawa, about 45 minutes from T-O by the Go train.

If you're from the USA...why on earth are you here in the first place?

US citizens have access to the biggest film industry in the world.

R,

If you're from the USA...why on earth are you here in the first place?

US citizens have access to the biggest film industry in the world.

R,

Family reasons. My wife is from Canada and her dad recently passed away and after she got her inheritance, she decided she had had enough of the USA after living there with me the past 7 years. I figure once I'm legal here I can work in both countries. :)

Edited by Marty Hamrick

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...