Tim Burtons Sweeney Todd

andrew heggli

Hi all

Been watching clips, trailers and tv spots from Sweeney Todd, and in one scene where Mr. Depp sings "I will have vengeance, i will have salvation", his face is in the trailers very pale and white, but in the clips or tv spots (can't remember which) the same scene, his face is more "normal" coloured. Have they changed this in Lustre? Or some other digital grading software?

• 3 weeks later...

Saw the film last night and my comment is a little O.T. from this thread. It appeared that none of the art department crew or set decorators where familiar with horses or considered what the streets were like when horses where the primary means of transportation. The cobblestone streets in the film were conspicuously clean and anyone who has been to a stable or seen a parade with horses in it can testify to their prodigous output.

Saw the film last night and my comment is a little O.T. from this thread. It appeared that none of the art department crew or set decorators where familiar with horses or considered what the streets were like when horses where the primary means of transportation. The cobblestone streets in the film were conspicuously clean and anyone who has been to a stable or seen a parade with horses in it can testify to their prodigous output.

You were hoping for realism in a Tim Burton fantasy/horror/musical?

Edited by Jonathan Bowerbank

You were hoping for realism in a Tim Burton fantasy/horror/musical?

No, but I was expecting a realistic recreation of a time period in London. The scenic department did a great job with the overall look of the city and the buildings. I just saw it as another example where members of certain department(s) can spoil the illusion by their lack of knowledge.

• Premium Member
No, but I was expecting a realistic recreation of a time period in London. The scenic department did a great job with the overall look of the city and the buildings. I just saw it as another example where members of certain department(s) can spoil the illusion by their lack of knowledge.

I really doubt that on a film of that budget that dirtying things up was just overlooked. I have to think that it was a conscious choice.