Summer Camp - Film or Digital

Hello everyone,

Well my parents are letting me go to the New York Film Academy summer camp, and it's very expensive so I don't want to chose the wrong program. I am not quite sure whether film or digital would be more beneficial. The film description seems a little more detailed, but that might not meen anything. I was originally set on film, but my parents thought it might be a good idea to take digital, since it might be a little more useful. I asked my art teacher at school, but he really had no clue what to tell me.. So would you recommend film or digital? Also, does anyone have any ideas as to why the film program is 1000 dollars more?

Thanks so much for the advice!

Edited by Alex Begin

Hello everyone,

Well my parents are letting me go to the New York Film Academy summer camp, and it's very expensive so I don't want to chose the wrong program. I am not quite sure whether film or digital would be more beneficial. The film description seems a little more detailed, but that might not meen anything. I was originally set on film, but my parents thought it might be a good idea to take digital, since it might be a little more useful. I asked my art teacher at school, but he really had no clue what to tell me.. So would you recommend film or digital? Also, does anyone have any ideas as to why the film program is 1000 dollars more?

Thanks so much for the advice!

Call them up and ask what the differences are! If you're paying that much money, you should know what it is you're paying for. And also ask for contact information from alumni from both schools so you can ask real students questions.

I'm afraid I'm not personally familiar with what that school teaches, but aside from the technical differences between shooting with film and with digital, the programs should be similar, unless they're going to go into the differences in careers that come from Videography vs. Director of Photography.