Expendables and Cmaera Houses in NYC

Adam McDaid

I'm going to NYC to shoot a short film in February and, being from Los Angeles, I'm very unfamiliar with the New York film community. I'm trying my best to responsible to the limited budget we're working with and was hoping any NY based DPs, Gaffers or Best Boys could recommend a good place to buy expendables. In Los Angeles, I go to place called the Expendable Recycler where you can buy partial rolls of gel ad diffusion at deeply discounted rates. Is there a place similar this in New York that anyone knows about?

I'm also looking for recommendations of good camera houses. The show is Super 16 and I'm looking to rent a set of Zeiss T1.3 Superspeeds. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Adam McDaid

what's up Adam!

Great to hear about the short man... when are you shooting? Maybe I can come down from mtl. and help out. I have a couple friends at Columbia doing the film thing who can probably point you in the right direction. I'll track down some numbers and email them to you. When are you heading out east? Oh yeah, talk to Robbie Vroom as well, he shot a short in NYC last year. Talk soon man...

Bobby Shore

DP

LA/Montreal

what's up Adam!

Great to hear about the short man... when are you shooting? Maybe I can come down from mtl. and help out. I have a couple friends at Columbia doing the film thing who can probably point you in the right direction. I'll track down some numbers and email them to you. When are you heading out east? Oh yeah, talk to Robbie Vroom as well, he shot a short in NYC last year. Talk soon man...

Bobby Shore

DP

LA/Montreal

What up dude! So good to hear from you man. It would be amazing if you could come down and help. Maybe I can just hire you as the gaffer and we can run around NYC and NJ like fools with an ARRI SR on my shoulder. Any numbers from your Columbia friends would be great. I appreciate it.

Best,

Adam

We'd be happy to talk to you about your camera rental. For gels & such, Kits & Expendables is the place to go. We stock some camera department expendables, but they are the place for everything else.

Mitch, thanks for the help. I'll make sure the producer contacts you about our camera needs. Do you regularly offer student discounts? Have to ask because, as with all student films, they have the tiniest of budgets.

Thanks,

Adam