2 perf post production

Michal Grabowski

On what machine can you transfer 2 perf movment. None of the spirits can, doesn't it?

Yes, a Spirit with a DaVinci 2k or higher can transfer 2 perf 35mm without a special gate other than the full frame and/ or super 35mm gate. You will crop the image with the DaVinci software.

• Premium Member
I have heard horror stories about posting 2-perf via a DI back to 35 - bear in mind that edge coding is not designed to handle it.

No idea what you're doing, though.

Phil

You might have some concern if you're just doing little bits of DI. But if you're going DI for the whole show, there shouldn't be an issue with tracing back to the original negative.

-- J.S.

YOU CAN X-FER ON A SPIRIT IN ALMOST ANY ASPECT RATIO YOU WANT AND THE CHANGE AROUND BETWEEN THEM. IT TAKES ONLY A MINUTE OR SO, WE HAVE DONE MANY TESTS AT POSTWORKS IN NYC AND HAVE BEEN AMAZED HOW EASY IT IS. -Dave

Also, I have really rare, studio- slient 2-Perf set up that I have FOR SALE in whole or part:

35mm 2-Perf/Techniscope Widescreen SYNC Camera

*ALL OF THIS EQUIPMENT IS IN PRISTENE READY TO SHOOT CONDITION!!!

Cinema Products XR-35 Studio Camera 35mm

Techniscope Widescreen Format (2-Perf - 2:35.1 SCOPE) BNCR Mount, Variable Shutter, Integrated Follow-Focus system, An internal, behind the lens gelatin filter holder allows multiple filters to be ?at the ready? and moved into place by selectable wheel. Quad-Pull-down, Double-Pin Registered Movement, Viewfinder features; Two Contrast Filters (Ground Glass marked for 16x9HD and 2:35.1 SCOPE) Video Tap, Extension Focus Rig, Crystal Sync at 24FPS and Variable Speeds From 8 to 32FPS Internal 12V Heater for cold-weather shooting. (5) 1000' Mags.

(2) 30v High-Amp Batteries (Just Re-celled)

(1) 30v Cinema Products Charger

(1) Power Cable

PLUS - All kinds of support rods and spare parts and original tube video tap camera which is the only thing that needs to be replaced. Quiet like a mouse.

It weighs 74lbs so it is a studio camera so I also have a rare:

O?Connor XR-150 Fluid Head

which nicely fits on:

Samecine 3-Way Leveling head

on top of a:

Elemack CRICKET Dolly *never used since re-furbish by Visual Products (came from Panavision)

Smooth booming of camera up or down! Two Seats, Combination Wheels, (Bosk Top Fitting) Rotating Bosk Offset, Rotating Mitchell Base Offset, and Has 8 sections of Straight and 2 sections of Curved Track Available.

also have a:BNCR, COOKE Cine Variotal 20-100 Zoom Lens t3.7 in pristene condition, never used after purchased from Visual Products.

I spent 3 years putting this special and complete package together but no MOW work and I no longer want the hassle of owning. LOOKING FOR REASONABLE OFFERS. Call David Giancola (802) 236-7695cell or (802) 773-0510 or dave@edgewoodstudios.com

CHECK OUT MORE ON US at WWW.EDGEWOODSTUDIOS.COM Two-Perf ROCKS!