Nikon Cine Primes

Hey Everyone,

I am looking into buying a set of Nikon Cine Primes similar to these

Can anyone give me feedback on the quality of these lenses and also the pros and cons. I will most likely be using these on a HVX200 w/ either and M2 or Movietube. Will those be a factor in the lenses I do purchase?

And also If I do purchase these now will they be useable on a better camera such as the Red or Sony F23? I am new to using 35mm lenses so any help is appreciated. Thanks

They're fine for 35mm adapter work, but I don't think they're really worth purchasing. They're just modified 35mm SLR still lenses and not as sharp or as high a resolution as other cine lenses.

I believe Redrock makes M2 adapters with Nikon mounts. You could save a lot of money by getting that version of the M2 and just a bunch of cheap Nikon primes on eBay.

If you plan on shooting on a Red or F23 sometime, hopefully there's a budget for a good rental set of Zeiss or Cooke's, or what have you.

What Jonathan says, but additionally, if you plan on getting that 18mm, at T3.5 with an M2 on an HVX, you're gonna have serious lighting issues. First of all, I'd go for something like the Letus over M2 (less light loss), and I'd get cheap (and fast) Nikon primes to go with it.

I believe Redrock makes M2 adapters with Nikon mounts. You could save a lot of money by getting that version of the M2 and just a bunch of cheap Nikon primes on eBay.

I think that is what we are going to wind up doing. It was our original idea but when I saw that set of primes online I thought I would come to my favorite source for info. thanks for the help.

The exact adapter is still up in the air. Of course if budget allows I would love to get the movietube or P+S. But the range might fall to the M2 or the Letus I am still researching both. I will take the light issue into account thanks.