student i need of input!!!!!

Les Baker

these are two short test films. the equipment is no where near what most of you use, but being poor and in college you use what you can. We are in pre-production of a feature film we are gonna to shoot this summer...

any... any.... any input is very valuable to use

thanks for taking the time to look

• Premium Member

Looks pretty good. I'm more partial to the Runner, which had a nice texture to it. This is of course a lot to do with a good location. Only issue I had, as I'm watching without sound so I'm not sure if sound makes up for it, is the opening out of focus running seemed a bit long to me; is all.

Also, Les, before others tell you, and I think I was "reminded too," you must go to my-controls and then on the left hand side, at the bottom, change your display name to your real first and last name as per the forum rules.

Best,

~Adrian

Edited by Adrian Sierkowski

Looks pretty good. I'm more partial to the Runner, which had a nice texture to it. This is of course a lot to do with a good location. Only issue I had, as I'm watching without sound so I'm not sure if sound makes up for it, is the opening out of focus running seemed a bit long to me; is all.

Also, Les, before others tell you, and I think I was "reminded too," you must go to my-controls and then on the left hand side, at the bottom, change your display name to your real first and last name as per the forum rules.

Best,

~Adrian

Hey Adrian,

Can you help? I've uploaded my pic but it doesn't show when I post...

Cheers

S

• Premium Member

whew; it's been awhile since i've done that. If you're uploading it here make sure it matches the image/file size rules, whatever they are. if it's hosted somewhere else, it could be a permissions issue which is a much thornier bush.

Les

I personally like 'the runner'. I like your compositions and handheld work and the location looks great. I think the shots of the character rolling down hill is a little too blown out for my taste and some of your color shots in the end are a bit dark as well. Not sure if its YouTube compression causing this. What type of camera are using?

- J