DVX 100 Menu Problems

Erika Silverstein

I am shooting with a rented DVX 100.

Being more used to the functionality of the 100A, I am having a few frustrations that I've never encountered before. Any troubleshooting would be appreciated.

(Shooting in 24P mode, Rec Run TC...nothing unusual (to my knowledge) about other settings)

1) The headphone audio levels can't be adjusted (the buttons on top of the camera seem to have no effect)

2) I can't toggle between DF and NDF Timecode Mode

3) The 2 User buttons are non-responsive (set to Colorbars and ATW: 18db respectively, neither work when pushed)

Thanks for any suggestions :-)

> ATW: 18db

ATW is automatic tracking white-balance. 18dB is a gain setting. Hnn?

Oi vey!

Okay...got that wrong (one user button is set to the 18bd gain boost, the other set to color bars, which I guess don't work in the 24P mode on the DVX100, right, so there's one question answered, sort of)

...but the point, if you will, isn't that I idiotically mixed up the cameras auto-user acronyms, but that the USER BUTTONS AREN'T WORKING.

nor the TC Mode (DF/NDF -- can't switch, seems weird), nor the headphone volume

and I'm not quite sure why.... (and that's really making me feel idiotic) :-P

I don't have a copy of the DVX 100 manual to troubleshoot myself (it's a personal rental, and the owner isn't sure what's wrong either, or what to try adjusting in the menu).

I'm sure it's something simple, any ideas what?

Well the AUDIO MON/VAR (inside the LCD on the body) switch cannot be adjusted in camera mode. Switch to VCR mode to adjust it.

The camera always operates in th NDF mode when you shoot 24p or 24pa.

As far as the ATW you set it to the USER button in the SW MODE screen, then I believe you have to set ATW to ON in the AUTO SW screen. If that doesn't work try setting the user button to ATWLOCK in the SW MODE screen and I think if you push it twice it will go into ATW mode. I'm not positive of that.

Just do a google search for 'DVX100 manual pdf.' I'm sure you can download one.