Three REDs For Sale -- #1520, 1521 & 1522

Tim Pipher

And I have a feeling that if this weren't about Red, no one would care.

True Max.

Tim,

Good luck selling them. I'm sure you will. You might even be able to keep one with the profits.

I think the Red is great. It's allowed me to do things that film wouldn't be able to let me do.

Bryan "I must be a greedy bastard" Fowler

• Premium Member
Elimination of 1080 HD-SDI output.

Well I hope they have offered you your money back if they removed an important feature after you gave them a deposit.

And I have a feeling that if this weren't about Red, no one would care.

Max is right. I apologize for responding to this thread. It's none of my business and just one more "RED" issue.

Best,

-Tim

Guest Ivan Yousif

I think you deserve a premium for being a early res holder! People do this poop for living and here you are with specs that have back fired and not just flipping them to make money. GOOD LUCK!

Guest tylerhawes

So long as he's not making misleading statements or hiding something, I don't see anything wrong with trying to make some markup. He has had his money invested all this time in order to secure his spot in line, after all. Is it too much to expect that someone in the market can do the math and determine if it is worth paying a premium for having it now vs. waiting? People do this all the time. They pay an extra $5,000 to buy a Mini Cooper rather than wait a year for the price to drop because everyone is rushing to get it. And that's just for transportation, whereas this is for an actually unique tool you could be productive with.

Well that was fun, wasn't it? Travel in a nice little circle of Tim & RED being evil incarnate to hey he's just offering something up and RED is being accomodating to those who want it.

As a representative of a facility that buys, sells & rents equipment every day -- including new gear that is on a reservation list -- I see absolutely no problem with what Tim is doing or how he is going about doing it. And I'm happy he's buying those HXP3000's from us ;-)

Now, anyone care to discuss whether the earth is flat or round? How about faking the moon landing?

• Premium Member

...and if Plan A doesn't work out, you may consider Plan B...in which you could benevolently just cancel your order, allowing the three reservation holders following you to experience the joy of receiving their dream camera perhaps a few days earlier...

...or, you could mark up and auction off your reservations to a few other reservation holders waiting further down the line...who could then auction off their reservations to people waiting even further down the line...and then...aw, forget it!

Okay, I've got it! Everyone tired of waiting should just cancel their order, and buy a HXP3000 from Mitch.

• Premium Member

you don't own this equipment. you own a derivative (of an equity) that is a camera. You haven't outright purchased a camera. You are selling an option on a place in line, and that's my problem.

Maybe you think it's great when people stand in line to buy an iphone they don't want and put it on ebay, manipulating an inefficiency in the marketplace, but I happen to think it's not. nothing personal, to each their own.

It's called Supply and Demand. If Demand is higher than Supply, prices go up. If Demand is lower than Supply, prices go down.

If you have an Option to purchase (just like in the stock market) you have something of value that other people don't have, but WANT.

If I had the money, I'd get one from Tim. Giving it was my advice in the beginning to get them in the first place. (Sorry it didn't work out for you, Tim)

But I've got a June delivery scheduled, so I'm gathering up my funds for that.

• Site Sponsor
Gimme a break - this isn't capitalism - this is exploiting an inefficiency for personal gain,

That isn't Capitalism? Damn I guess I have to go burn all those books then.....I was just at Harvard Business School Thursday, I wonder how they will react to having to burn their library down, oh well I call them up and ask on monday...

Rob