FINAL CUT & EFFECT QUESTION

HI EVERYONE THANKS FOR DROPPING BY :)

MY QUESTION IS WHETHER IT WOULD BE POSSIBLE TO ADD THE RECORD AND BATTERY EFFECT I HAVE BELOW TO A SCENE WHICH I HAVE EDITED IN FINAL CUT?...THE ORANGE BACKGROUND IN THE IMAGE IS IN GIF AND CLEAR/SEE THROUGH...IF I NEED TO CHANGE IT NO WORRIES I HAVE PHOTOSHOP

PICTURE/EFFECT I WANT TO ADD IN THE SCENE

IF ITS POSSIBLE HOW CAN I DO IT? OR IS THERE A BETTER WAY??

-CHRIS LUNA

fortunately for you there already is this effect Effects-Video Filters-View finder , however if you don't like it, I chroma keyed your thing for you. it's attached. Try playing around with your software add a flicker to the record, brighten it, reduce the battery over time get creative.

post-19586-1206670021.png

post-19586-1206670022.png

fortunately for you there already is this effect Effects-Video Filters-View finder , however if you don't like it, I chroma keyed your thing for you. it's attached. Try playing around with your software add a flicker to the record, brighten it, reduce the battery over time get creative.

I DO HAVE A .GIF FILE EXACTLY THE SAME WITH THE RED DOT FROM RECORD BLINKING, BUT THE PROBLEM IM HAVING IS THAT WHEN PUTTING THE PICTURE IN FINAL CUT IT GETS IT AS A PICTURE AND IS NOT LETTING ME OVER LAP IT ON TOP OF THE VIDEO FOOTAGE...WELL THIS MAY BE BECAUSE I DONT KNOW HOW TO. BUT COOL CHROME EFFECT

I DO HAVE A .GIF FILE EXACTLY THE SAME WITH THE RED DOT FROM RECORD BLINKING, BUT THE PROBLEM IM HAVING IS THAT WHEN PUTTING THE PICTURE IN FINAL CUT IT GETS IT AS A PICTURE AND IS NOT LETTING ME OVER LAP IT ON TOP OF THE VIDEO FOOTAGE...WELL THIS MAY BE BECAUSE I DONT KNOW HOW TO. BUT COOL CHROME EFFECT

SO I NEED HELP OVERLAPPING THE FILE INTO THE VIDEO FOOTAGE

What you should do first is cut the image background out in photoshop like the pics above and save it as a .psd file (final cut and photoshop work together.) when you import it to FC it should remain the same with no background. If that doesn't work put the image in FC and do a color key (video filters - key - color key) and key out the background color directly in FC. Play with the settings a bit to get it to look nice and you have what you need.

What you should do first is cut the image background out in photoshop like the pics above and save it as a .psd file (final cut and photoshop work together.) when you import it to FC it should remain the same with no background. If that doesn't work put the image in FC and do a color key (video filters - key - color key) and key out the background color directly in FC. Play with the settings a bit to get it to look nice and you have what you need.

ah ok i think i get what you guys are saying, i did see the effect fc has but i didnt like it that much