Pan Cinor 38-155 Reflex Zoom for MItchell

Patrick Neary

Hi-

I've got a Som Berthoit Pan-Cinor 38-155mm f3.8 reflex zoom lens with a dog-leg finder with dual mount to fit a Mitchell Standard, GC or BNC 35mm camera. The lens and finder are in remarkably good shape for their age, and the glass is good - no visible fungus, haze or scratching. The focus, iris and zoom movements are all smooth. Lens hood, zoom and focus handles and caps for front and rear of lens are included.

I shot a brief test with this lens on a Mitchell GC and the results were, ummm, just like a Primo!

OK, would you believe a mediocre Schneider?

OK, how about a heavily abused mayonnaise jar?

Really, this is probably more of a special-purpose, retro-look lens (save money on diffusion filters!) not too bad wide, "delightfully soft" at the tele-end.

It would look good on a display Mitchell if nothing else.

If someone is truly interested I could scan the 35 neg to give a better idea of the quality.

A previous owner added their own tape focus and iris marks, not pretty but they seem to be accurate. It would be an easy job to clean them off if you wanted.

Comes with a very beat-up and ratty (but original) case. And that old-camera smell. mmmmm.

$500

Send me a PM if you're interested, I don't check back here too often anymore.

I can take payment through paypal, I think I'd prefer to sell within the US for simplicity.

I'm in Portland, OR. Thanks!

• 12 years later...

Maybe someone can answer on a related topic, as I found another one of these lenses - is this what it looks like, a dual mount for a BNC and a standard? It's pretty obvious that the larger four flanges (one of which, looking at another photo that I didn't upload here, has a notch) is the BNC mount, but I am not quite sure what I'm looking at with the smaller mount on the end, with what looks like screw holes (I have not bought this lens yet and tried to fit it to anything).

bncr_et_nc_panCinorMount.jpg

Edited by Webster C