Panavision internship

Guest Jake Dunkelberger
Jake,

If your in Hollywood your always welcome to stop in and pick up an application. I did attached a application on this form on June 18,2008... Hope you can open this attachement please read my posting above on June 18 you should see an attachement ( I happen to see it on my side of viewing this forum. I only assume you should be able see this attachement. At lease I hope so!). As for quiting any work before starting any program it would be wise to get an application on file and quit any job with notice. Its the professional way of quiting any job on good terms. All the best!

Mark August

Panavision Hollywood

Thanks Mark,

I couldn't open the attachment but i live in West LA so ill just stop by Panavision. How long does it take to go through the interview process?

Thanks Mark,

I couldn't open the attachment but i live in West LA so ill just stop by Panavision. How long does it take to go through the interview process?

Once into the first interview with our shipping manager there is a second interview that follows with the prep floor manager. I was just told its fast during the summer months normally. However there are not features filmimng like years before. But our office is busy since we have a large HD department and inventory of HD cameras. So looks like your timeing is really good. So stop reading this forum and get over here to turn in your app.... Good luck and to all who are reading this!

All the best,

Mark August

Panavision Hollywood

Guest Jake Dunkelberger
Once into the first interview with our shipping manager there is a second interview that follows with the prep floor manager. I was just told its fast during the summer months normally. However there are not features filmimng like years before. But our office is busy since we have a large HD department and inventory of HD cameras. So looks like your timeing is really good. So stop reading this forum and get over here to turn in your app.... Good luck and to all who are reading this!

All the best,

Mark August

Panavision Hollywood

So i went to Panvision Hollywood yesterday and got an application and started to fill it out and i was wondering why they would need to pull your credit. Also i don't have the greatest work history but that is in mindless jobs that i couldn't handle and never worked there for long periods but i have never been fired. Do you think that will mess with the application process or could i convince i really want this in the interview process or will i even get to the interview process with bad credit and not great work history.

• 3 years later...

One of my teachers told me that to be eligible, even for the two year internship, the applicant must be enrolled full-time in school. But I took a look at the application, as well as the job description, and there wasn't any indication of this requirement. Could anyone tell me if this is true or not? Thank you!

• 10 months later...

Hi Mark,

I'm a Malaysian and had work as a 2nd camera assistant for about a year. I was wondering if I'm eligible for the two year internship in Panavision? I had work a lot with Arri, Red, Canon cameras, etc etc but never Panavision, and I'm really interested to work with Panavision.

Would Panavision hire foreigners? What about work permit? Under the application of employment for Panavision "If hired, can you present evidence of your U.S. citizenship or proof of your legal right to live and work in this country?" Will that be a problem for me to work in Panavision?

I won't mind working even for really low wages just to work with Panavision, I could find a place to stay near Panavision as soon as possible. I'm really interested with the 2 years internship program in Panavision.

Cheers,

Esther Tan

Panavision as a company has no problem hiring foreigners. The problem is that in order to get an internship you need to be enrolled as a student with a college/university and be receiving credit. Most student visas also stipulate that you cannot get a job, your purpose for being in the country is to study and learn the culture not to join the work force. I'm not sure if, because of this, the Hollywood office has a policy saying that they just wont hire an intern studying abroad despite checking that students papers,

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I am from South Africa currently finishing up my bachelor's degree in Film making.

My true interest is cinematography.

Does Panavision offer internships or jobs for a foreigner?

Where else is their similiar oppurtunities?

Thanks

Neil

• 1 year later...