Scoopic / Scoopic Parts...

Michael Class

Hey there,

As the latest rock in the road to me making my $2000.00 feature, I've not hit a roadblock to find out my camera lens on my Scoopic is completely a waste, the outer glass has been scratched beyond repair. So, I need to replace that piece of glass. Which I almost got my hands on in an eBay auction but got sniped.

Anyway, long story short (long story available on my blog). If anyone has a scoopic lying around for parts, or just one gathering dust and would like to lend it to the cause of my film I'd be grateful! If you want to sell me one, I'll buy it if it's either a 200' cartridge or one that takes the 400' adapter. Please no ridiculous prices as well...

Other equipment I could use is on my blog as well:

http://www.noclassproductions.com/Projects.../dwop-blog.html

Thanks in advance if anyone can help or point me in the right direction.

-- Michael

• Premium Member

Good luck with that. I'm sure the parts are sitting on a dusty shelf somewhere... have you tried calling Canon?

So you bought a Scoopic for $50? Hard to beat that... unless it has a big ole scratch on the lens. :blink:

Scoopic is a nice camera but they are sooooo loud. Can't realistically remove that sound using modern audio tools, I've tried. Just keep that in mind. A good Scoopic MS is worth the $600 or so they go for these days, maybe you should just pick up another one?

Good luck with that. I'm sure the parts are sitting on a dusty shelf somewhere... have you tried calling Canon?

So you bought a Scoopic for $50? Hard to beat that... unless it has a big ole scratch on the lens. :blink:

Scoopic is a nice camera but they are sooooo loud. Can't realistically remove that sound using modern audio tools, I've tried. Just keep that in mind. A good Scoopic MS is worth the $600 or so they go for these days, maybe you should just pick up another one?

I'm keeping an eye on them as they come and go for sale. My shoot date is approaching so trying to find a solution soon. The main issue is that this film project is to be under $2000.00 so I have to find some quid-pro-quo way of getting a new camera in there. *If* I have to pick up a new camera I'm hoping to get one that can take at least 200' reels, which I have several of, instead of having to pay to cut all my reels down to 100'. (Could justify the cost of the camera a bit).

The scratch is pretty terrible, but I'm shooting some footage now with it and will have it developed to see how bad it truly is.

I'm keeping an eye on them as they come and go for sale. My shoot date is approaching so trying to find a solution soon. The main issue is that this film project is to be under $2000.00 so I have to find some quid-pro-quo way of getting a new camera in there. *If* I have to pick up a new camera I'm hoping to get one that can take at least 200' reels, which I have several of, instead of having to pay to cut all my reels down to 100'. (Could justify the cost of the camera a bit).

The scratch is pretty terrible, but I'm shooting some footage now with it and will have it developed to see how bad it truly is.

G'day Michael,

Richard Tuohy in Australia here. I have something you might want, but I can't give it away I am afraid.

I bought an ebay scoopic about 6 months ago. It cost me Aus$200. I can't get the motor to run. It just the plain old early model. I could take the front part of the lens off (the part that rotates when you focus) and send it to you for Aus$100. You would then have to put that element on your camera and re-collimit the lens. Maybe that is easily done ... Send me an email if that is of interest, otherwise, good luck with it.

Richard

richard@nanolab.com.au

G'day Michael,

Richard Tuohy in Australia here. I have something you might want, but I can't give it away I am afraid.

I bought an ebay scoopic about 6 months ago. It cost me Aus$200. I can't get the motor to run. It just the plain old early model. I could take the front part of the lens off (the part that rotates when you focus) and send it to you for Aus$100. You would then have to put that element on your camera and re-collimit the lens. Maybe that is easily done ... Send me an email if that is of interest, otherwise, good luck with it.

Richard

richard@nanolab.com.au

Hej mate,

unrelated to the scoopic but I've looked at your blog. Audacious project... Just one aspect, telecine... If you want to do the transfer in a half decent way, you'll need a very strong light source to compensate for the orange backing of the negative. Just keep that in mind. I am converting my stenback table to a neg stenback table. I can let you know about my results once I have any.

• 2 weeks later...