Alaska Film Incentive Bill Passes

Michael Collier

The Film Incentive bill passed with overwelming support in both house and senate. It only has to be signed by Govenor Palin, who most certainly will sign it, since there is enough support to override a veto easily.

Theres no new articles on ADN. They covered it earlier, I am still trying to find the exact points as passed. Last I heard it was 25% credit for expenses in state, 10% for local labor hires, 1% shooting off season (winter/late fall) and 1% for shooting in rural areas. I also heard debate about switching the general credit to 30% but I am not sure if thats how it passed.

ADN article from october 22. I think some of the points have changed a little bit, but the idea is the same.

Bill language I believe this is the bill as passed, but I can't find anything directly stating that.

Either way, there are some exciting things going on in the land of the midnight sun! Rumors are already going around town of big names with interest in shooting in state. Take that Canada! (Boddington, I'm looking at you...wanna shoot your next feature up here? You could make a movie thats set in Canada but shot in Alaska.)

He He, very funny! In fact I am going to shoot my next feature, which is set in Alaska, at a sound stage in Toronto just to piss off the Alaskans! :P

FYI, Manitoba just upped their tax credits to a whopping 65%!!

My question is this, who will be the first state or province to go to 100%? When that happens we can all shoot there for free? :blink:

R,