Red

Rich Hibner

Keep reading...

I think you'll find it's not the camera itself, that people object to, it's been some of the RED marketing strategies that have rubbed people the wrong way.

But really, it shouldn't matter to you what other people think. Assess the camera based on your budget, workflow and requirements, and decide for yourself.

Oh, it wasn't a matter of whether it mattered to me, I just wanted to see why people disliked the RED here. You mentioned the marketing and strategy and I agree. I've been around the reduser boards a while and there its mainly fan boys who worship the RED and have a bias opinion. I was just checking out what people though over here, less bias opinion.

• Premium Member
I'm new here and been reading on some past forums and from what I have read so far, a fair amount of people don't like RED. Why's that?

This kind of question makes it sound as if you are making a judgement of some kind. Don't like Red compared to what ?

To me, I read a range of opinions both for and against Red. And so it should be. Just like most subjects in life. And I like hearing everyone's opinions from all perspectives.

What gives me the pip is when it decends into drivel.

jb

A judgement based on reading past posts? Compared to Sub 4k camera's alike. Like I quoted earlier, I've read more posts with people discerning the RED than praising it. Possibly I skipped over the praising part. And it seemed the gentleman who posted first said it was more about their marketing and strategy not the RED product itself. No worries.

Some people here hold strong opinions on technical issues and express them. Once you have others reacting against them you're going to an exchange. All this wasn't helped by the effective viral marketing which allowed endless speculation.

However, there was useful information flying around in the middle of all this and I expect RED did rather well out of all the on line arguing.