First job this year - December

On tuesday I logged in, and ran across a request for PA's for a shoot, with no more information. I wrote, saying I could work that day. I got a call back almost immediately from the producer, Heath McKnight, asking if I could fill in for a 2nd AC, having lost theirs due to a family emergency on the first day of shooting.

I have to say, it's an independent production, but they're doing it by the book. Professionalism abounds. Our DP, Boris Cifuentes flew in from NY for this, and proceeded to make me feel very welcome on the set. We've been working hard days, suffering from technical issues after crew issues, including camera failure on Friday (Sony tech support got us rolling within hours tho).

Today is my day off, back to work tomorrow, and I may not be making my usual day rate, but right now, the experience is well worth it.

way to go man, thats how you do it. I'm sure you are kickin ass, and I'm glad its workin out for you.

Sometimes PA jobs are good for that, someone will recognize your experience and ask you to step up.

keep us posted on how it goes. Best wishes!

Allen

Well, the family emergency is over, so the original AC is back. Don't begrudge him at all, and it was an enjoyable shoot for the week I was there. And I met many talented people, which is always nice. Time to go back to job hunting.

Hey,

I'm friends with Boris, what were you guys shooting all the way down there? :lol:

Matt

He's friends with the producer, Heath McKnight, who pulled him down here. Have to admit, Boris impressed me with his candor and lighting know-how. I hope to work with him again sometime.