Convert HD 24p to 24p DV for offline editing

Guest twist

Is there any down converter that convert CineAlta HD 24P to DV 24p for offline editing?

Not quite sure on the converter, are you talking about SD DVC PRO 24p? You certainly can downconvert HDCAM from the deck to 29.97 SDI and then convert your 29.97 offline edl to 24p for online using cinema tools or another edl conversion program. It mostly depends what destination deck you are using and what formats it will accept.

Bryan

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm living a country with PAL TV system, it's hard to find NTSC recorder.

Actually all questions I listed on this forum is about 24P offline editing, even though I asked for advice of 25p HD transfering to film.

Thanks to all who tried to help me.

twist

• Premium Member

Hi,

If you're in a PAL country it's all easy - just shoot everything at 25, and postproduction becomes a lot easier. Your theatrical release will be very slightly slower, but that's a lesser evil than having your DVD run slightly fast and well worth it for the ease of use in post.

Phil

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm living a country with PAL TV system, it's hard to find NTSC recorder.

Actually all questions I listed on this forum is about 24P offline editing, even though I asked for advice of 25p HD transfering to film.

Thanks to all who tried to help me.

twist

Hmm, so your shooting 25fps and you want to transfer to 24P? In pal you should be cool 1:1 staying at 25fps right? Beats me, we got the old 60hz problem here in the us, PAL has it easy. Good luck, sorry not as familiar with PAL HD, especially the phenomenon of PAL 24P. Maybe David or Phil can help but I'm a lttle confused by your wording.

Bryan

Hi,

If you're in a PAL country it's all easy - just shoot everything at 25, and postproduction becomes a lot easier. Your theatrical release will be very slightly slower, but that's a lesser evil than having your DVD run slightly fast and well worth it for the ease of use in post.

Phil

Ha!

Thats funny, I spent some time figuring on that one, ya beat me PhiL! cheers!