Focusing on close-up diopters

I am pulling on Hawk C-series anamorphic lenses with a set of close-up diopters.

While pushing in on a dolly, how the heck do I stay sharp!

The focus marks are irrelevant. It seems like close to infinity is the sharpest focus point, but this makes no sense to me.

How do you calculate pushing in and hitting the sharpest focus point?

I have searched other posts and I've been googling for hours......help!

• Premium Member

With + diopters you pretty much just go with eye focus. There is a rule to tell you how close infinity focus on the barrel will be with a particular diopter, though. With the lens set to infinity, focus will be at 1 meter with a +1 diopter, 1/2 meter with a +2 diopter, 1/3 meter with a +3 diopter and so on.

What you need to be doing is asking for more marks and rehearsals. If you still can't get it maybe you need more stop. If that isn't possible you just need to keep doing it and try to get a bit lucky.;)

• 2 weeks later...
I am pulling on Hawk C-series anamorphic lenses with a set of close-up diopters.

We use of russian LOMO anamorphic with diopters.

The Square front glass LOMO anamorphic lenses have additional scale .

We focusing of a round anamorphic LOMO lens with close-up dipters by ground glass of camera and

to glue a tape on focus ring and set of marks of distance of focusing with diopters.

The procedure of setup new distance marks will have better result with autocollimator.

But, russian autocollimators have minimum distance 1.0m.

The less distance of focusing need adjust with camera by ground glass.