Reel Critique my friends =)

Jason,

Some great stuff!

My favorite shot is through the confessional booth (I assume) of the the priest walking,.. it's amazing!

Your last 3rd is great. You're first 2/3 is hit and miss. Some shot's look epic and cinematic while others look like video.

If you're demonstrating versatility then I think your reel is great, but if you're going for cinema I think you should chop out a 1/3 of your reel and keep just your best work.

Shoot for 2 minutes and keep only the awesome stuff. Stuff like the vet, light rail, and ocean seem like stock footage.

I love all the religious stuff except the rack focus from the glasses, it looks like a lens adapter.

Cool stuff though, you told me to be harsh so I hope it's cool that I was!

You rock!

- Greg

• 5 weeks later...

Mostly great reel... I'll say like the others that there are some shots that don't cut it with the quality of some of your work (guy with the guitar, waves crashing against reef...

And, well, that's totally personal, but I don't really like the typo of your title card... Sometime more subdued would seem more fitting....

But, anyhow - I must finish on a bright note : you really have some way cool shots : I really enjoyed the lighting of the shower scene.