Looking for Van Generators on East Coast

• Premium Member

Out here in LA the self contained van generator is a thing of the past. Young used to have a nice 750 AMP van that was very useful in certain situations. Anyway, I'm looking for two 1000 Amp Van Generators preferably in the Florida area. I know they exist in NYC because of tight spaces and if I need to I'll get them from there, but I need to load two of them on a barge in Miami at the end of next month for a shoot I'm doing in the Bahamas. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Wow

The lack of responses scares me a bit. I was hoping the NYC guys would at least chime in and tell me they exist there :)

I thought about responding but you wrote that you "knew" they existed but was looking primarily in Florida.

I would think Florida would have small van gennies somewhere and Georgia as well. Specifically Atlanta.

There are bunch of van gennies available in NYC. Along with Strike Force there is Power Source which has up to 2000 amp gennies. And then there are a number of individuals that have 1000 to 1100 amp gennies in Ford like or Sprinter Vans.

I think your issue will be will the rental of your job be worth the time and effort on putting 2400 miles and a lot of driving on their vans. So it'll have to be a decent rental for them to do that.

I can put you in touch with some individuals if you want just e mail me.

best

Tim Healy