Has anyone heard back for interviews? I suppose they contact people quite quickly regarding places on the cinematography course........

Well, I have not heard anything yet - but they did say to wait for a month before they will start to give offers.

I haven't heard back yet. I have a friend who applied for producing and its the same for him. I want to remain optimisitic but as more time goes by I feel the chances are getting slim of getting an interview.

Well whatever happens, happens.

Chin up and all that,

it would just be nice to know sooner rather than later, i can then plan accordingly......

Yeah, the 3 day workshops take place around september I think. The 12 people that attend are reduced to the 6 who are finally accepted onto the course. The interview stage is apparently quite relaxed and the real scrutiny goes into the initial applications and the final workshops. Let's cross our fingrs and hope for some good news - I'll be quite happy just to get an interview, at least it means they liked some of my work.

Good Luck!

Invitations for interviews aren't going out until some time next week and interviews are being held the week starting 25th June. So theres still hope!

Hi thanks Prokopi, How did you hear about that from your friend applying? btw are interviews held first and then the shortlisted people get to do the workshop later? Thanks,

I ended up phoning admissions to find out when to expect a reply. Yes, the 12 people who are invited to the 3 day workshops are shortlisted from the interviews. From what I've heard, in the past they interview around 40 applicants but I suppose that changes greatly year by year.

• 2 weeks later...

Well if interviews are being held around the 25th June my chances have just lucked themselves out. Hopefully some comrades on this thread will have more of a chance. As for me, I am going to ride off into the sunset with head held firmly high! ;-)

So...

Anyone has any interview offers?

Anyone has any replys?

Hi Edgar, I was not selected for an interview. I am not that disappointed, I will make films either way. It would have been nice but, I am going to concentrate on making the best short films I can, with the money I would have invested in that course.

I take my cue from such British directors like Shane Meadows, Christopher Nolan, who have trodden down their own path to get to where they are.

I will do the same. If you got your interview congratulations, and for those of us who did not, chin up you'll be a more resilient filmmaker for the setback and in the words of Frederich Neitzche;

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger."

Good old Frederich.

I am going to concentrate on making the best short films I can, with the money I would have invested in that course.

Go for it Ralph!

I'm sure film school is loads of fun but so can making your own path and the freedom that gives you.

You can make all kinds of things happen yourself!

This is just a little dissapointment.

Look forward to a future of making amazing films! :)

Take care.

love

Freya

• 1 month later...