Central Florida anyone?

Nick Norton

Would just like to let any locals know i would be more than willing to help out with any production whatsoever.

Two good hands to clean up, run errands, etc.

I just really want to start getting some experience in the field and meet people who share the same passion.

Thanks-

Nicholas

• Premium Member

I live in Los Angeles (Pasadena) but I'm St. Pete born and raised. Got my B.S. from UF. I may be heading back sometime this summer to shoot a short film for a producer/director friend of mine.

Once we get financing in place (which has been difficult, so far, to say the least.) we're going to be pulling just about 60% of our crew from Florida, to film in NYC, NJ, Georgia, SC/NC, and of course Florida (we want to comply with the Florida Production Rebate incentive.).

Maybe somebody would be willing to snap some still shots for us for location scouting (it be unpaid right now though, as we have no financing in place.)? There's no need to go out of your way to do it... but if you come across a location that would be good to replicate a remote (tropical type) island with only a few inhabitants; We need a ton of trail/forest locations (big enough to get dirtbikes and cars down). If anyones interested you can send me an email at 12kFilmMaker@gmail.com

Once we get financing in place (which has been difficult, so far, to say the least.) we're going to be pulling just about 60% of our crew from Florida, to film in NYC, NJ, Georgia, SC/NC, and of course Florida (we want to comply with the Florida Production Rebate incentive.).

Maybe somebody would be willing to snap some still shots for us for location scouting (it be unpaid right now though, as we have no financing in place.)? There's no need to go out of your way to do it... but if you come across a location that would be good to replicate a remote (tropical type) island with only a few inhabitants; We need a ton of trail/forest locations (big enough to get dirtbikes and cars down). If anyones interested you can send me an email at 12kFilmMaker@gmail.com

I'm away from my email box atm, but I'd be more than happy to. I actually know the exact place, as I was eyeing it for one of my own scripts that I've shelved.

Anyone want to setup a meeting for the Floridians sometime in June? Something central for all of us? My roommate is an excellent writer and I do a lot of editing and have some okay equipment. Mainly for indie's. We have 2 shorts written and ready to be filmed. He's currently writing a feature after writing four already.

I'd be more than glad to help scout out locations and snap a few.

anybody interested in networking to make films here's my email.

f1lm3r@gmail.com

Aloha fellow Floridian. Love to network with people in CFla. What part? I'm Ocala/Gainesville.

I'm living in Orlando at the moment, but i have a sister that lives in Gainesville and make the occasional drive out there.

Tampa Bay area here. Actually trying to ramp something up.

You know i'm down.

I live in Los Angeles (Pasadena) but I'm St. Pete born and raised. Got my B.S. from UF. I may be heading back sometime this summer to shoot a short film for a producer/director friend of mine.

My email is onthereeal@hotmail.com if you ever end up shooting that short and need any help.

Anyone want to setup a meeting for the Floridians sometime in June? Something central for all of us?

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I'm game.

My friend just finished a screenplay today for a short film we're going shoot soon enough. I say soon enough, because pre-post is still underway. We're almost certain we have a location for the short. It's all in one small house and shot at night. The location is probable because it's a family members old house that's never used. Just have to get the clear. We're shooting it for practice, but going to maybe do something with it later. Going to be on DVXB, only camera we own. It's possible that we're going to make it where it's a 2-3 part series because of the "situation" all the characters are in. If you want to be a part of it let me know. I'm not sure who's going to direct/light it, either me or the writer. We trade off. Sound, grip and whatever else you want to be a part of would be great. Always a plus to have Floridians lend a helping hand.

We'll just make this the Fla thread

Edited by Rich Hibner

I've been working camera rental lately, but I would love to work on set again. I live in Miami, so driving up would be simple. Collaborating with other Floridians would be great- my email is dianaalexandramatos@yahoo.com

• Premium Member

Anybody here remember the Vinoy Park Hotel in St. Pete? My grandfather ran it for about 20 years or so. He started out there as a beginning accountant and rose up to manager. It broke his heart when it closed. It stayed closed for a while before being remodeled as condos. I heard it has since been reopened as a hotel again. I wish he could have seen that before he died. He lived for that hotel. He was a company man all the way. They had a lovely house on... is it spelled "Snell Island"?

• 1 month later...