Konvas 2M Eyepiece help

Thomas R Beetz

I have recently bought a modified Konvas 2M camera with a PL mount. I have filmed some test footage and it is fine. The only thing I find strange is the eyepiece of the camera. In it s original position (parallel to camera) everything is normal as expected, but when I move the eyepiece 90 degrees upwards, the image in the viewfinder rotates as well and it only straightens out again if I hold the camera in an offset angle.

Do I have to film in this offset angle to straighten the imagery or should I avoid moving the eyepiece all together?

Thanks for your help.

Thomas

my Konvas was the same way. I assumed thats just how it is, and I avoided using the eyepiece in that angle. I did not want to confuse myself when shooting, because I tried some techniques but all confused me, I'd have to pay close attention to my horizon etc, so it was easiest just not messing with the viewfinder. perhaps Olex has a fix for this I dont know.

best

I have recently bought a modified Konvas 2M camera with a PL mount. I have filmed some test footage and it is fine. The only thing I find strange is the eyepiece of the camera. In it s original position (parallel to camera) everything is normal as expected, but when I move the eyepiece 90 degrees upwards, the image in the viewfinder rotates as well and it only straightens out again if I hold the camera in an offset angle.

Do I have to film in this offset angle to straighten the imagery or should I avoid moving the eyepiece all together?

Thanks for your help.

Thomas

Konvas-1M ( 1KSR-1M ), Konvas-2M ( 1KSR-2M ) cameras have viewfinder with variable position.

But, the viewfinder don't have automatic system of change of position of mask of viewfinder.

The viewfinder can be adjust for left and right eye.

The viewfinder have clamp ring.

The ring set between body and viewfinder. If you wish change of position of viewfinder, you need turn a clamp ring a some, ( release a lock ), to change of position of viewfinder and to grip a ring.

The second ring, after of prism, to control of position of mask. You need adjust of position of mask.

The vertical position of viewfinder have a some uncomfortable position of groud glass, about position of camera. The viewfinder don't have mobile prism for change of position of ground glass.

But, a some practical training and all will OK.

The viewfinder can lost of correct position of mirror inside and if you change position of viewfinder for left and right eye, the ground glass can go out of viewfinder.

This is problem can be remove at service only with adjust of viewfinder with special tools.