WANTED: CP-16

• Premium Member

Despite what some say about this camera, I desperately want one. I love the cost effectiveness along with the 400' mags, spare batteries, built-in crystal sync, and quietness.

If you have a package with a piece of glass with it and are interested in selling, name your price and we'll see if we can close the deal!

Thanks,

Matthew

PS- I was about 20 secs away from winning a great package on eBay before some @$$ came and outbid me with 11 secs left. :angry:

• Premium Member
I paid a little over $1700. It comes with a zeiss 100 T3, hand grip, magazine, and a battery.

Make me an offer if your still interested.

I would love to make an offer but if you paid 1,700, I couldn't make you an offer that would be anywhere close to that ballpark.

If your doing a project in San Francisco and you need someone to shoot, I will be honor to help out.

Please check out my first two attempt as a DP.

super 8 music video for my editing class;

http://blip.tv/file/529123?filename=Rfriera-LIHIM122.mov

short I shoot and edit for a friend;

http://blip.tv/file/915407?filename=Rfriera-GenNow378.mov

• Premium Member
If your doing a project in San Francisco and you need someone to shoot, I will be honor to help out.

Please check out my first two attempt as a DP.

I wasn't able to view those links.

I am in Sacramento, no San Fran. I have no problem taking inquiries for a DP with a sync camera. They have to be able to get to Sac though. I am willing to pay the DP for their time (which is only a 1 day shoot) provided they aren't going to charge me union rates. If you are interested, let me know and get me a link to your work that I can view.

When is the shoot? Tell me more about the project, I am willing to help for free with the right project.

I am a student in SFCC and looking for projects so I can further my education.

Try going to blip.tv and searches Lihim and Gennow.

• Premium Member
Sorry my Friend I will leave your thread alone now. good luck finding a cp16r. I have been looking around for one as well and it seems the going rate is between $600-$1500 on auction sites and forums.

I have a CP16R that I have been thinking about selling- I paid $1200 for it. CP16R body, very sharp 12-120 Canon macrozoom, 2 batts, 2 mags, charger, case. The seller told me it was serviced by Whitehouse just before I bought it, and I think he was telling the truth- there was a glob of grease on the mirror which would have been quite noticeable if he had actually used the camera. I have run about 800 feet through it. I shot some Ektachrome 100 and projected it -wow- beautiful. It's in my way now and I don't anticipate using it anymore. So if anyone is interested $1200 + shipping takes it.

While I'm at it, I also have an Ang. 25mm f1.1 prime (mint), a Zeiss 10-100 t 3 (very good, clean glass) both in CP mount, and a somewhat rare video tap adapter (no vid camera, just plate and optics) for the factory hole on the top of the camera.

Also a 2nd body, 2 mags, batt, charger, Ang 10-150. Runs fine empty, but with film in it it makes some noise, but runs @ 24fps crystal anyway. Came from UCSC. $700 + shipping.

Cheers,

Bruce

• Premium Member
Also a 2nd body, 2 mags, batt, charger, Ang 10-150. Runs fine empty, but with film in it it makes some noise, but runs @ 24fps crystal anyway. Came from UCSC. $700 + shipping.

So this is a CP16 or 16R with an Ang lens? Is the noise that it's making normal for it or is it due to a problem? I'm, very interested in this one...how much to ship to 95660?

Thanks,

Matthew

• Premium Member
So this is a CP16 or 16R with an Ang lens? Is the noise that it's making normal for it or is it due to a problem? I'm, very interested in this one...how much to ship to 95660?

Thanks,

Matthew

Hi Matthew,

It's a CP16R with the t2.3 10-150mm Ang zoom. The glass looks perfect to me (particularly the front element), and the zoom, focus and iris all move smoothly. The noise is not normal, it's a problem. It's pretty quiet without film in it, but when it pulls film through it makes a noise. It could easily be something simple- I just never pulled the cover off to look inside. It's my impression that the inner workings of these old CPs are pretty basic. Like I said, it still pulled 24fps though. I think it was serviced regularly by the university and sold off as surplus, so something may have been jarred during shipping that caused the noise. I used the other CP, and had this one as a spare so I haven't shot anything with it. I can't say about the condition of the battery, may need a recell which is not a big deal. Charger is included and a copy of the original manual. I haven't weighed it so I don't know the costs to ship from LA to Sacto, though I would think UPS ground would be $30 or less. USPS or FedEx would be more.

Let me know if you want further info.

Bruce Taylor

sales@indi35.com