New music video

• Premium Member
Hey Michael,

Good work!!....not too keen on music and the story.

Can you gives us a low down on the lighting employed?

It's been a little while so I don't recall the exact package we had on that one. I'm pretty sure we had a 2.5K HMI and two 1.2 HMI pars, some kinos, and some smaller tungsten fresnels. The main performance under the arbor was a hose with a spray nozzle rigged above, and I edged her with two 1.2's with medium lenses to give her a hot kick from each side (and backlight the mist). Her key was a 2.5 through a 4x4' frame of 216. The whole video was shot at the director's house so we had to tightly frame different areas so it wouldn't all look the same. The arbor was right next to a swimming pool so I had no choice but to key her a little from the side, since she was right at the lip of the pool. The picnic scene was at the other side of the pool, while it was gray and drizzly on us. The "sunlight" is a 2.5 K to the side.

The scene where the guy drinks the spiked martini was lit only by the practical lamps fitted with photofloods. That setup was tricky because we were shooting directly into an entire wall of mirrors, so we couldn't rig anything anywhere. The camera is hidden by the table and a little duvetyn.